Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using other sims on a 3 phone.

• 31-07-2007 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

Lads

If I get my bill phone n73 unlocked and put in a 3 uk payg sim into it will they blacklist my phone by any chance? Also can I use a voda payg sim in a N73?

Cheers.!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i've been using my 3 n70 with a meteor sim card for months now without issue. i've used a vodafone sim card too. i think the international mobile community would frown on 3 blacklisting a phone just for using it on a different network. blacklisting is only supposed to be used if a phone is stolen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

sound, going to unlock this baby then..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

legs11 wrote:
    Lads

If I get my bill phone n73 unlocked and put in a 3 uk payg sim into it will they blacklist my phone by any chance? Also can I use a voda payg sim in a N73?

Cheers.!

No (emphatically) and yes, if said N73 is unlocked.

will a 3 sim work in a nokia E50?

legs11 wrote:
    will a 3 sim work in a nokia E50?

Sure will

• Advertisement

deadly:D

i only swear by nokias, i dont need a camera or games and this looks useful.

i thought that 3g sims need special voltages (usim compatible). ?

legs11 wrote:
    deadly:D

i only swear by nokias, i dont need a camera or games and this looks useful.

i thought that 3g sims need special voltages (usim compatible). ?

I don't understand why you think this wouldn't be compatible? I can't see why not. It wouldn't be fast, that's for sure.

I notice that while you swear by Nokias, you swear at Motorolas, heeheehee.

the e50 is a 2.5g phone i believe so i thought there might be an issue with actually using 3 sim cards on it.

i dont need anything faster than edge really

what i could say about motorolas is not printable here due to the explict nature of it.

legs11 wrote:
    the e50 is a 2.5g phone i believe so i thought there might be an issue with actually using 3 sim cards on it.

i dont need anything faster than edge really

what i could say about motorolas is not printable here due to the explict nature of it.

Yes, I have just realised that it is not a 3G phone so I have been talking through my hat -sorry about that. Just see if you can get your N73 unlocked and then you'll be fine.

I gt my RAZRv3xx unlocked. never use it.

ah ding, i need a 3 sim, so i can roam for free.........

fluck it

• Advertisement

the v3xx is useful as an accelerator to start fires.

legs11 wrote:
    ah ding, i need a 3 sim, so i can roam for free.........

fluck it

Don't you still have an Irish one in your N73?

"ah ding"? Ding?

legs11 wrote:
    the v3xx is useful as an accelerator to start fires.

If you say so.....:-)

i can unlock my n73 but i need that for my oirish number.

so need another 3g handset for a roaming number i can use. vodafone are just rip off merchants

so need another 3g handset for a roaming number i can use. vodafone are just rip off merchants

legs11 wrote:

But if you're in Oireland, why do you need to fire up your Vodafone UK at all?? Why don't you just leave dedicated voicemail on it, saying what number you're available at? Why don't you just ask me to post you down a 3UK SIM in the meantime?

cula, cheers for the offer. my bro was in london, told him bring back a sim, not sure if he did. i will get back to you.

the 3 sim did work in an unlocked e50, unlike the samsung e900, obviously the nokia is more sophisticated.

legs;)

Advertisement