Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo Xbox 360 vs PC

Options
  • 31-07-2007 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

In light of a new one on the way can anyone say which to go for?currently playing on a 360 but end up fighting with the pad more than trying to outplay my opponent.Played pro evo from day one on ps1 and love using a ps2 pad.If microsoft make live open to pc as well as xbox i guess that answers my question... anyone else play it from day one on ps1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The current generation is best on PC by far.

As for PES 2008 it will probably be best on PS3.

I always had a soft spot for the PS versions since ISS on the ps1.

And ISS Pro 98 ruled all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I would imagion it would be better on the PC rather than XBox. But I also liked it the most on PlayStation versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Ah ISS Pro 98 now theres a memory what a game that was.I remember buying my first Playstation in early 96 and the only footy title was that god awful FIFA 96.Then in July 97 Pro Evo arrived in the post from Special Reserve (remember them?)and everything changed.And even now the same feeling hits around sept when you know another one is on the way.Ive been playing games for over twenty years and there is nothing like this.

Ah yes, International Superstar Soccer... mainly I remember playing this in arcades, good craic.

Nailz wrote:
    Ah yes, International Superstar Soccer... mainly I remember playing this in arcades, good craic.

Are you thinking of Super Sidekicks?

Pretty sure there was no arcade version of ISS

• Advertisement

Nope, ISS was in the arcade. The was actually 3 football games in one particular arcade; ISS, Super Sidekicks and that thing were you take a Peno or a free by kicking the ball up against a panal.

Having researched it I'm almost 100% sure there was no ISS in the arcade

Unless you are talking about one of these?

* Winning Eleven Arcade Game Style (2002)
    * Winning Eleven Arcade Game Style 2003 (nov/2003)
    * Winning Eleven 2006 Arcade Championship (dec/2006)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

No ISS in the arcades unless they imported it from Japan which I doubt.

Mmm... wierd, I most be mistaken. Sorry 'bout that, but I did play ISS somewhere and it wasn't on the N64 nor the PlayStation. But I'm almost positive I played something like it in the arcades too...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Pro Evolution Soccer Arcade Championship was trialled a few months back, is it possible you mean that ?

I can't remember when the ISS/PES split was, maybe around 2002/03, there was one or two releases of ISS which were very arcadey and mainly crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

PC vs 360. Played both (quite a lot) and there is no argument. The PC is superior. And once you mod/patch the PC version it becomes even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just broke out my copy of ISS Pro, still a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Nailz wrote:
    Mmm... wierd, I most be mistaken. Sorry 'bout that, but I did play ISS somewhere and it wasn't on the N64 nor the PlayStation. But I'm almost positive I played something like it in the arcades too...

There was a very arcadey version on the snes a while back, could be thinking of that?

On the SNES a while back??

Like 13 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ahhhh, that would be [/does intro voice] INTERnational SUPERstar Soccer ......DELUXE !

Great game :)

(but it spawned some awful ISS arcade games on N64 / PS2)

Advertisement