Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone modem ad

• 31-07-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

[rant]
    the latest ad for the vodafone broadband modem says (paraphrased): everyone wants broadband these days but to get it you'll need a landline, a state of the art pc and a degree in computer science. not with vodafone etc etc etc.

surely the advertising standards agency should get involved here? there are loads of operators that don't require landlines and most of them use the rj45 socket instead of usb so they'd be compatible with older pcs than the vodafone modem which only works with 2000 up

[/rant]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

[rant]
    the latest ad for the vodafone broadband modem says (paraphrased): everyone wants broadband these days but to get it you'll need a landline, a state of the art pc and a degree in computer science. not with vodafone etc etc etc.

surely the advertising standards agency should get involved here? there are loads of operators that don't require landlines and most of them use the rj45 socket instead of usb so they'd be compatible with older pcs than the vodafone modem which only works with 2000 up

[/rant]

Doesn't beat Flying Sperm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Why don't YOU complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority? It's not really that hard I don't think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Slice wrote:
    Why don't YOU complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority? It's not really that hard I don't think
    but its so much easier if you do it :o

i don't really want the ad taken off the radio, it just annoys me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

but its so much easier if you do it :o

i don't really want the ad taken off the radio, it just annoys me
    Get it taken off the radio if you ask me - I'm fed up of these "everyones an idiot" type ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

But we are... aren't we?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Plus since when did yo need a state of the art pc to use broadband.

Or a degree in computer science for that matter. It's not that hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

It's what the people in Vodafone believed until that nice man from huawei
    came with a briefcase demonstrating this magical new product.

Obviously it was so hard before huawei and so easy now that Vodafone decided they could charge through the nose for offering it.

Shhh! Don't tell them, the man from huawei took his briefcase to other people also. They're trying to figure out what to do with the Anykey and it might upset them.

Yeah he took it to brockway, ogdenville and north haverbrook and by gum it put them on the map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

After 3's somewhat more imaginative ad, maybe Vodafone are wondering if he was sent by the devil, or if he really is on the level.

• Advertisement

And what about those braindead slobs? They were given cushy jobs in 3 customer care :D

Advertisement