Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeff Hardy Done with WWE... again

• 31-07-2007 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Reports are coming out that Jeff is done. He wasn't at Raw and word is he might not be back.
    I'll miss him. It was nice having him back while it lasted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonder what happned - he was getting a decent push up til recently, and there was talk that he was going to take the belt off Umaga at the PPV recently.

If it's true, it really does not bother me, as it creates a space in the upper-mid card for Shelton, Hass, Kendrick or London maby even Davari.

Anyway he's a danger to fellow wrestlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

He was rubbish anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

he might not have been your cup of tea but he was hardly rubbish. He was better than half the current roster.

I think PWI are reporting it on their elite section but I heard through one of the other sites that rips off the real reporters. http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1185900915&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i hope this is not true. he has improved so much since coming back to the wwe, the majority of his TNA matches were crap.his match with Umaga @ the GAB was pretty good

I don't like Hardy but co-sign , I enjoyed that match.

I missed that one but I really enjoyed the Hardyz against Cade/Murdoch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

God hates WWE. Nothings going right.

Seriously, this is a big shame if its true. He's been really good since he's come back and was hugely over the last time he appeared on Raw.

Looks like Lashley is out for a while too. Just when he was building up some steam. I'm running out of reasons to keep tuning in to Raw. Might be time for me to take some time off to try and "find my smile".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

damn that's a shame. His recent match with Umaga was very good. I've just read Lashely will be out for a while too. It's been a bad time for WWE lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

This is a shame if its true. Whatever you think about Jeff, he was over with the fans. Plus I think that since he came back he was having a pretty good run with good matches. He certainly entertained me every week. As someone else said, this is just another reason not to bother with RAW anymore (and for me that pretty much means wrestling in general)

For me, King Booker is the only reason to tune into RAW now. He is great but I could see him being squashed by HHH soon so that plus Orton`s possible ascension to the title (and with Sky's acquisition of NFL Monday Night Football) may drive me away from wrestling for a while at least. Shame.

from JR’s Blog:
    Mikey- "Jeff Hardy’s return to the WWE and his subsequent “breakthrough” as a singles star is one of the great stories of the year. Jeff is arguably as popular as anyone on Raw as is proven by the reaction Jeff receives every time he is introduced. I am genuinely happy for the younger of the two Hardy brothers. Matt is doing great on Smackdown as well and who’s to say that both brothers couldn’t be champions at the same time as individual performers?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Bad news about Jeff. I was enjoying his Umaga program up til now. I was wondering what
    Umaga was treated like a babyface last night.

But the good news is
    woooo232 wrote:
    Sky's acquisition of NFL Monday Night Football
    :D

And Sunday Night NFL Football as well as a host of NFL related shows!

Double C I think this particular silver lining deserves at least two :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dave Scherer is reporting that Jeff Hardy no showed last night's Raw without ever contacting anyone to say he wouldn't be there. He is in serious hot water right now and his job is in serious jeopardy.

His program with Umaga has been scrapped and Umaga was turned face on last night's Raw. The entire show had to be re-written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

this is a great shame if he is gone :( Jeff might not be the most technically gifted wrestler in the WWE but he is super-over and his matches are generally really exciting.

This won't affect anyone on Raw, Shelton, Haas etc will never get pushed no matter what happens :mad:

I agree that Booker is by far the best thing on Raw at the moment, of course Trips will squish him in under 5 minutes at SS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

woooo232 wrote:
    And Sunday Night NFL Football as well as a host of NFL related shows!

Double C I think this particular silver lining deserves at least two :D:D

Happy days!!!

They are saying on other forums that Marcus Cor Von has no showed a few ECW shows over the last month. They mentioned a family death that he wasn't dealing with very well. I like the look of Cor Von, hopefully he's not in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Terrible shame.
    Glad I got to see him in Dublin now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

According to Meltzer, he DID show up for RAW but was sent home because he was unfit for TV.

Now if this is the case, and he's slipping back into old habits, as much of a Jeff mark that i actually am (and have been since 2001), he'll have everything coming to him. I doubt he'll be fired, de-pushed and offered rehab ala Angle and Mercury.

Link here: http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=20332

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Maybe he was sick or injured or something?

Hopefully he doesn't go back to his old ways, he was doing well

If it's true, it really does not bother me, as it creates a space in the upper-mid card for Shelton, Hass, Kendrick or London maby even Davari.

Anyway he's a danger to fellow wrestlers.

Eh, given that in a previous post, you say how wrestling is actually a sport, i'll take that comment with a pinch of salt! ;)

If this was 2003, i would agree he'd be a danger to fellow wrestlers, but he has copped himself on a lot since he resurfaced a year ago (yes, it has been that long! Scary isn't it?). He's had some better matches, in fact, his opponents are more responsible for botchups. Carlito is a classic example at last years Cyber Sunday, he screwed up a lot more than Jeff.

Jeff gets a bad rep for a bad six months he had 2002 and his eventual firing in 2003. People conveniently forgot how many times the guy died in the ring from 1999 to 2002 previously and only chose to remember TLC matches and the ladder match he had with Taker (also conveniently forgetting the decent no gimmick match he had with Taker a week on RAW beforehand!).

Far worse out there than Jeff, my friend :)
    VR!

For once (and I mean once!!) I agree completely with you VR! Who'd have thunk it?!:)

I think that saying that Hardy is a danger to other wrestlers is about as ridiculous as speculating that Jeff being gone may propel Davairi to the upper mid-card:p

I`ll sure miss that Hardy Boyz music if Jeff is gone. And why in the hell have they decided to turn Umaga face?!:confused:

woooo232 wrote:
    For once (and I mean once!!) I agree completely with you VR! Who'd have thunk it?!:)

You'll get used to it once you disregard the blind hate, something i got used to very quickly around here ;)
    I think that saying that Hardy is a danger to other wrestlers is about as ridiculous as speculating that Jeff being gone may propel Davairi to the upper mid-card:p

I found that statement quite funny as well, especially when Benjy was also used as an example, he who had plenty of shots in 2005 and blew em every time!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was never a fan of Jeff's, until sometime last month. He impressed me with how well he'd done since he came back last year, but recently I just started finding him much more entertaining, and then with that match at the GAB, he finally got everything right that I didn't like about him

Real shame whatever's happened. I was even listening to an interview with him today, from February, he sounded really content with what he was doing and in a much better state of mind than he had been before. I was really looking forward to that match with Umaga. Hopefully he can sort out whatever the problem was soon

EDIT: I was just thinking, last week Jeff took a couple of pretty bad bumps to his head, and he wasn't at the last two Raw house shows, so maybe he's had a really bad concussion. I wouldn't really be thinking that if he'd been at the house shows, but I just checked it. Must have been some reason he didn't show up for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Looks like Fozzy was on the money from www.Jeffnerohardy.com
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007

JEFF OFF FOR TIME TO HEAL
    This is an update from Jeff himself that I posted on thehardyshow.com forum.

Jeff sustained neck and back injuries from his fall on last weeks RAW (7/23/07). They (WWE) are giving him time off to heal.

Credit: Tamran, JeffNeroHardy.com & TheHardyShow.com

posted by Tamran @ 8:44 PM

Gotta say I'm relieved (not that he's hurt) Jeffs one of the few wrestlers whos matches don't have me channel surfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I did think it would be a little strange, for all of a sudden Jeff to have a change of heart and completely undo all the good things he's done in the last few months would be crazy.

He's probably one of the better guys in the upper-midcard section at the minute. A great deal better than some of the main eventers, people like Khali and Lashley have nothing on Jeff in my book. Lashley is decent I just don't think he's anywhere near World title standard yet and pushing him that far is just off the wall. I don't want to see this newbie for lack of a better term with almost no character and the mic skills of a kindergardener with the World title... Okay that may be a little harsh but I'm just sick of it.

What I find hilarious though is that with Lashley, whether I like it or not they built him up in the same manner as Lesnar, big guy, ran through people, thought of as unstoppable.... Same with Umaga which not giving him the title back at New Years Rev I think was the biggest mistake WWE has made this year, make Cena chase it off Umaga the ratings are going to increase. But anyway when you make guys like this unstoppable and they come to Cena and he just bowls them over where do you go from there? I mean like, from the looks of Raw at the minute, anyone getting a pinfall against Cena has to either have a ten tonne truck backing them up or else.... actually thats about it. Seriously WWE, give us a World Title scene we haven't been stuck with for the last 2 years.

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    Gotta say I'm relieved (not that he's hurt) Jeffs one of the few wrestlers whos matches don't have me channel surfing.

Amen to that! WWE is having such a sh*t run when it comes to injuries at the minute though that it's not even funny.

Maybe Daiviri can be elevated!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Woo I was right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'm glad that him being a no-show wasn't the case. It did take a pretty bad bump on Raw last week, and then he got back up and did it properly.

Always thought Jeff was a decent wrestler, hope he is back soon enough! :)

According to Dave Scherer, the statement Jeff Hardy made on his website is not true. Jeff stated that he was given time off to heal from neck and back injuries after a fall last week on RAW. Several sources within the WWE say Jeff has been suspended for his lack of maturity.

When the story originally broke out, there were several conflicting reports of him either no showing or being sent home from TV. All of those reports appear to be false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If he's suspended it would make sense that he missed the house shows. It's a pity though...or maybe it isn't. Probably better for him that he's not injured, I hope he can sort out whatever the problem is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From JR's new blog on JRBBQ.com:

- It saddens and greatly disappoints me that Jeff Hardy will be absent from the WWE for the next month or so. Nonetheless, I am happy that Jeff isn’t suffering from a serious injury as has plagued so many wrestlers recently. The WWE could have certainly utilized Jeff’s services during these challenging times and no one can dispute the fact that Jeff’s individual popularity wasn’t building toward an all time high if it wasn’t already there. Everyone is human and as the old saying goes “to err is human” but the timing of these unfortunate circumstances are extremely untimely. The “good news” if one chooses to look for some positive in this situation is that Jeff will be back in time, as I understand it, and he will have an opportunity to still make a big impact in the WWE and then move continuously in a positive direction in his career and finally live his dream of becoming the superstar he was meant to be.

Advertisement