Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polished Porcelain Tile query

Options
  • 31-07-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

we recently got some polished porcelain mosaic effect tiles as a splash back in our kitchen. We were very happy with them but on closer inspection have a few queries.
    1) one of the tiles is not shiny, it looks like it needs to be polished but no amount of rubbing/cleaning is having an impact. I seem to remember hearing that these tiles have some sort of film on them but cant find any answers non google etc.
    2) Every single one of the tiles has checkered scratches on them across the entire tile. These scratches are not very deep or noticeable but you can feel them with your nail and if the tile is wet the water tends to hold onto the scratch. I originally thought that the tiles were scratched from each other in the box but the size of the "boxes" made by the scratches is bigger than the size of the boxes made by the mosaic. Any idea what might have caused these and what can be done about them?
    We have the tiles months so Im not sure if I have any comeback with the shop...

cheers

Advertisement