Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God Hates Ireland

• 31-07-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

http://www.godhatesireland.com/

I didn't think this quite belonged in the generally strange thread because in this case it's not only Fred Phelps behaving in a strange and, debatably, uncool manner.

But, uh, yeah. As far as practical jokes go that's a pretty funny one from UCD L&H.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Deep, frightening paranoia.

As far as I can tell, UCD invited him genuinely. His daughter, who's a lawyer, checked up on Irish law, and found the article in question, after which he started yelling 'Conspiracy! Conspiracy!'

Don't get me wrong, I think he should be arrested. But that wasn't what UCD were trying to do. Also, after they found out how far right he was, they withdrew the invitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Deep, frightening paranoia.
    Also, after they found out how far right he was, they withdrew the invitation.

but thats all he is, a far right wacko, he's a nobody otherwise so why would they invite him if they didn't know how far right he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

MooseJam wrote:
    but thats all he is, a far right wacko, he's a nobody otherwise so why would they invite him if they didn't know how far right he is

I'd say they had heard of him, and heard that he was a far right nut. Frankly I didn't believe anyone could be that demented until I heard a couple of his sermons. And even then I was half-convinced it was some sort of stupid joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Who's website is it?

Don't worry God doesn't hate you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ah nobody listens to the Phelps. They hate everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If ye have podcasting software, subscribe to this one:

itpc://www.newstalk106.ie/podcasts/moncrief.xml

You'll find Seán Moncrieff (newstalk) interviewing Nancy Phelps I think. He lets her rabble on for a good while, but for the last 3 or 4 minutes takes the p*ss out of her, asking her if she's ever had a homosexual experience before :D Good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I don't believe for one moment that the guys at UCD didn't realise how far right Phelps was. They knew exactly who Phelps is and realised what a great publicity stunt this could be. Fair play to them, they played the bigoted old fool to perfection. Kudos to UCD L&H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

wow she has issues

Advertisement