Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading a Dell?

Options
  • 31-07-2007 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

hey guys,im just wondering if there is any point upgrading a dell or would i be better off buying a new pc,i currently have 60gbHdd with a pentium4 at 2.4ghz and 512ram,basically,id like a faster pc with more storage,i usually use it for music and the internet and the very odd time games.Would someone be able to tell me how difficult it is to go about this and how much would i be looking at,cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its unlikely youll be able to get it to play any modern games,
    but you can easily upgrade the ram and harddrive which would give a performance and storage boost respectively.

post the model number and someone will be able to give you more specific advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah the model number is whats needed, the CPU is unlikely to be upgradeable to anything other than another P4.

The hard drive, graphics card if it has an AGP slot and RAM are all upgradeable but without knowing the model number cant point you in the right direction.

Advertisement