Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer question

Options
  • 31-07-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of buying a house in Dublin but I was left a house down the country by my grandmother around two months ago, my question is will I loose my first time buyer status, if I declare the house is mine?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Auvers wrote:
    I am thinking of buying a house in Dublin but I was left a house down the country by my grandmother around two months ago, my question is will I loose my first time buyer status, if I declare the house is mine?

A First time buyer is someone who has previously purchased or built a property either in Ireland or abroad. As inheritance is not considered to be a previous purchase, you will still be eligible for stamp duty exemption as a first time buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Thanks mate :cool:

Advertisement