Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 add on Q ...

• 31-07-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

hmmm, I was thinking of toying with the idea of getting the unlimited add on for my n73, I was just going to click 'buy now' but I thought I should post here.

firstly, no downloading shows this time;) , just want web browsing, I will be raped with eircom bills.

I do have a broadband 3000 package must talked about here, but I am not using that no more and dont intend to, no more letters from 3 or anything.

anyway, can I just sign up for the unlimited add on for 20quid? and use my phone as a modem. Can I cancel it at a moments notice?

also could I use this in the uk (roaming) ?.

sorry if these were answered before lads......:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Its not unlimited, its 2 gigs but you can just sign up for 20 quid. You can use it as a modem but you're not allowed. You can cancel it any time but it doesnt take effect until the month changes. You can use it in the uk. 3 like home and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

man,

will you put that in writing to me;)

i might have a lash with this soon.

if i get crazy bills you are liable sir:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

legs11 wrote:
    man,

will you put that in writing to me;)

i might have a lash with this soon.

if i get crazy bills you are liable sir:D

You know young legs, you can read all this yourself on the three website -why do you always ask here? You can make notes from what THEY say on their website. Horse's mouth, you know, that sort of thing.

legs11 wrote:
    hmmm, I was thinking of toying with the idea of getting the unlimited add on for my n73, I was just going to click 'buy now' but I thought I should post here.

firstly, no downloading shows this time;) , just want web browsing, I will be raped with eircom bills.

I do have a broadband 3000 package must talked about here, but I am not using that no more and dont intend to, no more letters from 3 or anything.

anyway, can I just sign up for the unlimited add on for 20quid? and use my phone as a modem. Can I cancel it at a moments notice?

sorry if these were answered before lads......:o

This is a man who said that 'he would have nothing more to do with 3'.

I thought you said repeatedly that you didn't 'download shows'?

"raped with Eircom bills"...WHAT?

You won't get any more letters from 3 -wasn't it passed on to a debt agency? Therefore you don't have the 3000 package, it's gone, history, doesn't exist any more.

You can sign up for the add-on and take it off on a monthly basis, if you wish, not at a moment's notice. You use your phone as a modem at your peril but in my experience, you are not risking anything. As before, you can use My3 to monitor not just your usage but your current spend.

And yes, you can use it anywhere that there is a 3 network, without penalty.

If however, you use it in any kind of reckless manner, you will incur huge bills and you will be asked to pay for them.

I got a problem here, if someone calls me and I am on the web, I miss the call, can you not do diverts to make the phone ring or is there a way around it??

• Advertisement

legs11 wrote:
    I got a problem here, if someone calls me and I am on the web, I miss the call, can you not do diverts to make the phone ring or is there a way around it??

I'm sorry, I really can't follow what exactly you are asking (or what it has to do with this thread). Can you re-phrase it?

I was just saying that I have my sim card in my n73 (which I use for phone calls and my newly acquired internet add on package for 20 euros). but if someone calls my number i get straight to voice mail, obviously cos the line is taken up. can you get rid of this so that the internet disconnects and the phone rings??

i cant have it like this as i will miss all calls.......:(

legs11 wrote:
    I was just saying that I have my sim card in my n73 (which I use for phone calls and my newly acquired internet add on package for 20 euros). but if someone calls my number i get straight to voice mail, obviously cos the line is taken up. can you get rid of this so that the internet disconnects and the phone rings??

i cant have it like this as i will miss all calls.......:(

That isn't the way it works: the phone still rings. The line can handle both sorts of 'calls'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

culabula wrote:

I thought you said repeatedly that you didn't 'download shows'?
    to be fair to him he said he didn't download whole seasons
    culabula wrote:
    That isn't the way it works: the phone still rings. The line can handle both sorts of 'calls'.
    its the same with me. a call overrules whatever else the phone is doing. i think the problem's somewhere else legs

to be fair to him he said he didn't download whole seasons

To be fair to me here is exactly what he just wrote: "firstly, no downloading shows this time".

Recently, this has tended to be airbrushed somewhat by Legs.

• Advertisement

its the same with me. a call overrules whatever else the phone is doing. i think the problem's somewhere else legs

Just noticed today that an open session of fring is crashing repeatedly on v12 of the N95 if I send or receive an SMS at the same time....bit of a PITA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

legs11 wrote:

Welcome back legs!! All your posts here bring a :) to my face but this one left me rolling in the aisles...

Is this an admission of your prior naughty behaviour - from what I recall the issues involved were downloading and roaming..

Never touch 3 again eh?... I can't decide if you are in fact a reverse psychology shill for 3... :p

lads, i dont see what the problem is here! i openly admit i had a hankering for csi there back in january and february, i downloaded 2 shows outside my 3gig allowance back in feb, anyhooo, this is already documented .

hey we should just sticky this:rolleyes:

the billing people for my broadband 3000 told me they would waive it, they didnt and they wanted 1,600e+ for a bill. The march bill said I downloaded 400euro outside my allowance, so somewhere along the line they quadrupled this fee.

sooo, I am now the proud owner of a unlimited internet package. cost is 19.99 a month, and no more csi........

i have not heard from 3 no more about my broadband 3000 package, maybe the 3,000 was the fee it cost for a year?/;)

Maybe the people who said they would waive it then read your many threads on these boards including such titbits as: " i downloaded 2 shows outside my 3gig allowance back in feb, anyhooo, this is already documented".

"i have not heard from 3 no more about my broadband 3000 package, maybe the 3,000 was the fee it cost for a year?"

Legs, dear boy, I have reason to suspect that you never read replies that are sent your way or at least 90% of them -hmmm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

So the unlimited package is 2gb, little bit dissapointed there, i know you'd never do that by going through webpages on your phone but im sure some applications could use that up easily enough??

1huge1 wrote:
    So the unlimited package is 2gb, little bit dissapointed there, i know you'd never do that by going through webpages on your phone but im sure some applications could use that up easily enough??

You'd be hard pushed to: I never get within smelling distance of 1GB on X-Series and I'm a HEAVY user (including use as modem) and try as I might, i just can't use anything like 10GB on the datamodem.

cula, I already told you I was relying on the my3 function to keep me updated on my usage, it is easy to get carried away when you are on the interweb, commander vibes said this, i mean hellllo you dont go like lets see thats 552 megs i downloaded today so i got xxxx remaining for this month.

3 should have provided a proper means to monitor usage, I noticed this was improved from march/april onwards but in february your allowance seemed to be updated once a week (if lucky). not good .

when i found out about my error i rung them up and good enough they accepted my complaint and they said you wont have to pay that (1,600e). and i carried on.

now, I am not going to talk about this crap anymore as its dragging on a bit really..!

legs11 wrote:
    cula, I already told you I was relying on the my3 function to keep me updated on my usage, it is easy to get carried away when you are on the interweb, commander vibes said this, i mean hellllo you dont go like lets see thats 552 megs i downloaded today so i got xxxx remaining for this month.

3 should have provided a proper means to monitor usage, I noticed this was improved from march/april onwards but in february your allowance seemed to be updated once a week (if lucky). not good .

when i found out about my error i rung them up and good enough they accepted my complaint and they said you wont have to pay that (1,600e). and i carried on.

now, I am not going to talk about this crap anymore as its dragging on a bit really..!

Legs, you have told us many things.

But actually, you *do* go "hellllllllllllo, I've just downloaded a TV show weighing in at 500mb out of a 3GB ceiling". Course you do. And if you then download another, you begin to realise that you're heading towards your limit. Just like when you spend 500€ on a credit card with a 1500€ limit, you know you've got a 1000€ left. And if you continue spending on either the credit card or your data allowance, without taking care, then that is termed as reckless. Yes, it is easy to get carried away on the interweb as it is on gambling or racking up credit card bills -but by the same token you know what you are doing.

I think the only person who could be accused of dragging the arse out of this is you, with your 1,933 threads on the subject. The reason I once more refer to it is to advise you to pay attention to what you are doing, though increasingly it becomes obvious that you pay scant attention to the advice/replies/suggestions that people provide you with, if indeed you read them at all. The Commander has warned you that in this instance "unlimited" means 2GB. This is because you are meant to use this allowance on your phone only. "Mobile Broadband" here means "Broadband on a mobile". If you use it as a modem you could then easily go over the 2GB and at that point you may run up huge bills.

They do provide a proper means to monitor your usage in the shape of My3. It is updated nightly at 00:10 as I have posted many, many times. Nightly. Not weekly. Nightly.

legs11 wrote:
    sooo, I am now the proud owner of a unlimited internet package. cost is 19.99 a month, and no more csi........

You are the proud owner of a 2GB internet package: cost is 19,99€, the same price as the 10GB package with the datamodem if you'd gone for that instead. Then you certainly could indulge in a little CSI.

• Advertisement

I don't want to envoke another contract with them for a data modem, forget about it. I just want this to keep me going on the web browsing for a bit and I dont need any more show downloads i have seen every csi and moving onto prison break now, but I have that rented from xtravision.;)

In any event I am having rubbish coverage in my house since about march/april, I have used voda/o2/3 sim cards and they all seem the same.
    pretty $hitty to say the least

well you have answered my 1,933 threads there cula.

the my 3 function was not updating my usage back in february and thats the coupe de grace about this whole shinding of a saga.

and the shows were a little over 300megs not 500:p

You have to remember I was a newbie to this service then and of course now I am wiser, but they did tell me they would waive it, like they did to your friend.

but tis history now., besides they had my bills all over the place, the amounts kept changing (despite not even using a single byte) and I was like...:confused:

Advertisement