Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Striped Tops

• 31-07-2007 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

A bit of a rant, but im absolutely sick of all the horizontally striped jumpers and t-shirts lads wear on a night out. 90% of lads in a nightclub seem to be wearing them, totally oblivious to the fact that they make you look like a skanger! Wise up you fools and wear something original. Argh.

End of rant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in fairness there's very few clothes that make you look skangerish unless you actually are a skanger.

eg. a stripe top on non skanger doesn't make them look skangerish to me unless of course it's a fred perry/kickers/fila top tbh :p

another example would be would you consider dubes skangerish? thought not, well i saw a skanger wearing them the other day and guess what, they looked skangerish.

what i'm trying to say here it's more the person that's wearing the clothes than the article of clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 studentloser

You're coming off as a bit shallow......and by a bit I mean a lot. Wise up you fool and stop judging by appearance.

Regards,

Current stripey t shirt wearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Archimedes wrote:
    A bit of a rant, but im absolutely sick of all the horizontally striped jumpers and t-shirts lads wear on a night out. 90% of lads in a nightclub seem to be wearing them, totally oblivious to the fact that they make you look like a skanger! Wise up you fools and wear something original. Argh.

End of rant.

what annoys me is that they all look like they're wearing the exact same outfits in different colours...not cool!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 amandakola

yeah talk about 'where's wally'!

but at least it's better than those white button up, short sleeved, check shirts..... shudder.

i wonder if guys are thinking the same thing about the invasion of horrible swirly/floral patterned jersey tops clinging onto the torso's of women around the country. how naff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

If stripy tops were good enough for Brian Jones/Denis The Menace they're good enough for you.

There's a subtle difference between these and the skanga tops - basically as long as its not purchased in a 'sports' franchise you're pretty much ok.

Also not having/wearing

a) Ratty bleached hair
    b) Gold sovereign rings
    c) White reeboks or similar
    d) tattoos
    e) tracky bottoms
    f) baseball caps
    g) a puny rickets-sufferer gait and build

mean that you can wear what you like and not be mistaken for those that bear the mark of Anto.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thar fo idiots yo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭madson

magpie wrote:
    If stripy tops were good enough for Brian Jones/Denis The Menace they're good enough for you.

There's a subtle difference between these and the skanga tops - basically as long as its not purchased in a 'sports' franchise you're pretty much ok.

Also not having/wearing

a) Ratty bleached hair
    b) Gold sovereign rings
    d) tattoos
    e) tracky bottoms
    f) baseball caps

mean that you can wear what you like and not be mistaken for those that bear the mark of Anto.

what wrong with tattoos? I have three and i am far from being an 'ANTO'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Stripy stuff is nice.

I think it's good that guys are dressing up. The stripy jumpers are really nice with a pair of jeans and nice runners/shoes. Some guys really make the effort and have their hair nice as well! I do agree that some groups just wear the same clothes which sucks. And the amount of guys who wear the same shirts when going out...

But then again it's a totally different ball game than womens clothes. They're not allowed to wear the same outfits, while men are.

magpie wrote:

Also not having/wearing

a) Ratty bleached hair
    b) Gold sovereign rings
    d) tattoos
    e) tracky bottoms
    f) baseball caps

What the hell is wrong with sports gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

But then again it's a totally different ball game than womens clothes. They're allowed to wear the same outfits.
    women are allowed too, well in my books.

i mean you'd have to be completely shallow to believe that a dress can only be worn once.
    What the hell is wrong with sports gear?
    i assume he means when you ain't doing any sporty activities.

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    women are allowed too, well in my books.

i mean you'd have to be completely shallow to believe that a dress can only be worn once.

i assume he means when you ain't doing any sporty activities.

No what I meant is that a group of women aren't allowed to go out to a club, or whatever, wearing the same or similar clothes, while men are. Hell, I wouldn't even like to wear the same colour as one of my girl friends!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well that is the women's choice. :)

Advertisement