Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Camp Suggestions

• 31-07-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Im Going To Be Coaching A Soccer Camp And I Was Wondering If Anybody Here Could Suggest Any Fun Soccer Games That The Kids Could Play?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

What camp is it? Have they not given you an idea of what to do? There's quite a few games ideas in the FAI Kickstart 1 folder. Also there's plenty of stuff online - just google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Capitilise The First Letter In Every Word, That Normally Gets Them Going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Tennis Soccer is always good fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

zabbo wrote:
    Capitilise The First Letter In Every Word, That Normally Gets Them Going.

I had caps lock on, and it capitalises the start of every word

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Tennis Soccer is always good fun

ye i had that in mind.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I had caps lock on, and it capitalises the start of every word
    Trying not to be overly pedantic here, but thats not the function of caps lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I used to love this game called gauntlet.
    It'd line up like this.

X is a player
    | is a boundary

_____
    |......|
    |..X..|
    |......|

_____
    |......|
    |..X..|
    |......|

_____
    |......|
    |..X..|
    |......|

_____
    |......|
    |..X..|
    |......|

_____
    |......|
    |..X..|
    |......|

So each person would be inside the box. Inbetween each box would be a safety area. What you would do is, one kid would get the ball at the start. He'd have to try and dribble his way through each box without losing the ball and without going outside the boundary.
    If a person won the ball off him, they'd get the ball, and have to try get past everyone. Each time somebody won the ball, there would be an empty box. The person who just lost the ball would have to go to the last box, and everybody else would move up one.
    The first person to get to the end wins.
    It was a cracking game, I really loved it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

http://www.eteamz.com/soccer/pills/jpill.htm

Thats a pretty good site for ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If you want to really teach them how to play modern football, you'll need at least an hour of diving techniques, and an hour of coaching on how to squeeze money out of clubs and wrangle out of contracts, then hand out spot prizes for whoever can complain the best when they don't receive a perfect ball :D

• Advertisement

yom 1 wrote:
    http://www.eteamz.com/soccer/pills/jpill.htm

Thats a pretty good site for ideas

cheers mate, great games on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

The thing is, I think football 'fun' games tend to isolate people, well at least from my memorys. If kids are under 13, I don't think they should ever be put in a one on one situation. It's hard to explain, but I'm talking from expierence.

Play with a small football, would be a good idea, and just play mini matches, ensuring that everyone goes in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't know about that, I coach tennis, and I find most kids really enjoy individual challenges, and if they don't win, they really want to. It's all about creating a healthy competitive ethic, which will serve them very well in later life even if they arne't that good at soccer.

Advertisement