Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta confirm broadcast team

• 31-07-2007 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

Setanta have confirmed that Des Lynam will be joining them to conduct interviews with big names in football (Martin O'Neill week 1) that will air on Saturday afternoons before their 5.15 Premiership game.

Also confirmed is James Richardson to host their Premier League coverage which I think is a great move. Richardson has always been great for Italian football and his Guardian weekly football podcast was great too. Also confirmed are their list of pundits which are Steve McManaman, Emmanuel Petit, Tim Sherwood, Les Ferdinand and Neil Warnock. I guess the pundits could be better but they could also be a lot worse too. The commentators will be on Jon Champion, Ian Crocker and Craig Burley

And no mention of Pat Dolan which is excellent!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/programming/a68797/setanta-confirma-lynam-for-premiership-lineup.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Neil Warnock should be an interesting pundit. Plenty of bitter moments if he gets a West Ham match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

F****** Neil Warnock. He's only interesting when he blows his top.
    Shud stick him on with Eamo Dunphy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Great to see Setanta getting Jon Champion on a non-exclusive basis for the commentaries. I think he's very good but I cannot listen to Ian Crocker - far too much of a smartshíte for my liking. By the way, James Richardson won't be presenting the live Premiership coverage but a Friday night show, which sounds great. The live Premiership will be anchored by Angus Scott who is so-so, a bit like a younger version of Richard Keys - very professional but fairly bland and forgettable. Hopefully, they will let Des present a few matches down the line. There were strong rumours last month that Motty was signing up with them but clearly nothing has come of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Warnock? Jesus Christ :mad::mad:, thankfully John Motson hasn't been announced, I hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Shamrok wrote:
    Great to see Setanta getting Jon Champion on a non-exclusive basis for the commentaries. I think he's very good but I cannot listen to Ian Crocker - far too much of a smartshíte for my liking.
    I hope Crocker will still be doing the SPL. I've yet to hear a bad word about him tbh. Excellent commentator imo.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    I hope Crocker will still be doing the SPL. I've yet to hear a bad word about him tbh. Excellent commentator imo.
    He'll still be doing Scottish matches too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Shamrok wrote:
    By the way, James Richardson won't be presenting the live Premiership coverage but a Friday night show, which sounds great. The live Premiership will be anchored by Angus Scott who is so-so, a bit like a younger version of Richard Keys - very professional but fairly bland and forgettable. Hopefully, they will let Des present a few matches down the line.

Yeah I was just going by the digitalspy article:
    Richardson joins Setanta as presenter of the Friday Football Show, which begins at 6.30pm on Friday, August 10. The hour-long show will combine interviews with top managers and players alongside the latest football news as it previews the weekend’s action. Robinson will also be the main presenter on BT Vision Sport’s programming which includes all of Setanta’s live Premier League matches.

I assumed it was a typo and when they said Robinson they meant Richardson?? Oh actually I just copped it... BT Vision is something completely different than Setanta! Ah! I hadn`t heard of it and assumed it was BT sponsoring Setanta's premiership programmming. My bad your right, Angus Scott will be lead presenter and yes he is very bland. I `m sad I would have loved to have seen James Richardson each week presenting the Premiership.

Although I can at least be thankful that Motty stayed put!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Where is Pat Dolan gone?

Where is Pat Dolan gone?
    I don't know but he won't be hard to find again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Shamrok wrote:

I heard if you say his name 3 times in the mirror he appears - To Kill You!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

woooo232 wrote:
    And no mention of Pat Dolan which is excellent!
    [/url]
    Indeed.

Where is Pat Dolan gone?
    Shamrok wrote:

:D

Ha! Very good, thanks for brightening my morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wouldn't surprise me if the Saturday 3pm matches over here kept Paul Dempsey and Pat Dolan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well, he's turned down numerous job offers to come back into management in the eL, to concentrate on his Setanta committments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Advertisement