Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend some good download sites ?

Options
  • 31-07-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some good (and preferably cheap) sites for music downloads to PC and CD ?
    Preferably a site with a wide choice of music from 60s/70s right up to present day

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

www.emusic.com have an introductory offer where you get a number of mp3s (12 or 25 or something) for free, so you can try it out and then cancel your subscription before they bill you if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Colonel Kurtz

cornbb wrote:
    www.emusic.com have an introductory offer where you get a number of mp3s (12 or 25 or something) for free, so you can try it out and then cancel your subscription before they bill you if you like.

Nice one! Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rudie-

If your lookin for some good music try last fm, its a free streaming site that based on your tastes recommends stuff and gives you tracks to listen to.

www.lastfm.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Last fm also offer yo udownloads, they gave me four from the London Symphonic Orchestra there yesterday, which was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

I use <SNIP.... Have no probs with it at all. Make sure you install good anti virus software before downloading anything would be my tip :D

PS - Girrrrsearch, we're looking for good cheap legal download sites - not free and virus-ridden P2P software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

www.gomusic.ru

$.10cent per song. It's russian and they don't have copyright laws hence the cheapness. has pretty much everything.

But these days I've started to go kosher and use itunes. Bands don't make any money from gomusic

Advertisement