Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120 calories

• 31-07-2007 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

So what does 120 calories look like? Like this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

All that - and only 120 calories!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

nhs idiots.

It says 'one spiced sausage' but shows 2.

It says '2 and a half jafacakes, but shows 2 full ones, and 1 that is split in half, i.e 3'

I could go on. :p clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

mmmm... jaffa cakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The-Rigger wrote:
    nhs idiots.

It says 'one spiced sausage' but shows 2.

It's one with the middle cut out, like a pepperami.

Is there anything special about 120 calories? Like a magic energy number or just a random number :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Looks like many might be wrong, cant be arsed checking. One definitely wrong is 200ml apple juice and 350ml orange juice- both these have similar calorific values.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

rubadub wrote:
    Looks like many might be wrong, cant be arsed checking. One definitely wrong is 200ml apple juice and 350ml orange juice- both these have similar calorific values.
    A lot of apple juice has added sweetening, as do a lot of other fruit juices, so it's pretty difficult to make comparisons anyway. I'd say even if you picked half a dozen different brands of apple juice off the shelves you'd find many different values.

But less of this nitpicking, as someone else asked, what is so magic about 120 calories?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Maybe it is a recommended 'snack' size.
    Instead of a Snickers and a bag o'Tayto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

What I found interesting was that for 120 calories you could have a bowl of meusli or half a mars bar, a small jam doughnut etc.... why would you choose the meusli for as snack then?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'd choose the 1.8kg of celery..
    Then I'd swap the celery for a doughnut, a couple of choccie bickies, and some of those wine-gums..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I didnt realise fruit and veg carried as many calories as sweets, choc and biccies.

*me opens a bag of crisps...*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You know those fruit bars that are supposed to be so healthy?
    Usually they're just as bad as mars bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

biko wrote:
    You know those fruit bars that are supposed to be so healthy?
    Usually they're just as bad as mars bars.

Bad as in what? Same amount of calories? Id rather get my calories from an oats and dried fruit bar than a saturated fat laden Mars Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

How can 3 carrots equal to half a mars bar?? :confused:

I'm having a fecking mars bar for my dinner now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

MayMay wrote:

Its what you are getting your calories from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Alun wrote:
    A lot of apple juice has added sweetening, as do a lot of other fruit juices, so it's pretty difficult to make comparisons anyway. I'd say even if you picked half a dozen different brands of apple juice off the shelves you'd find many different values.
    Too me apple juice just means, well, apple juice, maybe with some preservative, but 98%+ apple juice. Most fruit juice is about 10-13% sugar and with no added sugars or sweeteners. Same as most soft drinks are similar levels of sugar. And I have looked at many different brands of apple juice and other juices, they are all very similar levels- unless they are not apple juice...

I dont think they are allowed to call those drinks you mention "juice", it is usually "apple flavoured drink", you see this watered down muck in lidl now, and even other companies have done it as "healthy option" drinks, but I dont think I ever saw one labelled blatantly as "apple juice", perhaps "apple juice drink".

Most cranberry drinks are diluted down.

How can 3 carrots equal to half a mars bar??

350g of carrots will fill a bigger gap than 26g of marsbar

Advertisement