Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report Posts etc

Options
  • 31-07-2007 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

So there I was enjoying this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055128652 only to find it locked :(

The lock seemed harsh so I reported the Mod locking post. That means that the reported posts is registered as a thread on the sub mod board aka reported posts. For those who don't run VB it means that each reported post starts = a thread on the reported thread forum that all the mods see. Helps keep the forums tidy!

If you feel that or any thread was locked and undeservedly.. report the post!

Help make the world a better place. Its not what you can do but what your friend can. Don't think local. Think global. It's the power of one...Know the one thats one too many.

You can help.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

In before lock/move

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

in before lock?

stupid idea tbh. unless you want to be sitebanned for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

eh.. why? Would either of you expand on those thoughts?

Is using the report posts as a mini feed back not a good idea? Or did you post for the sake of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's a great idea.
    In maxi feedback.
    Moved from AH.

Karoma locked the thread.
    You reported it. Nothing was done within 10 minutes, so you decided to start this thread.
    Did it occur to you that Karoma may be too busy to deal with your complaint straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

is using afterhours as feedback a good idea?

in before the lock :d

• Advertisement

Terry wrote:
    It's a great idea.
    In maxi feedback.

I didn't post on this forum. You did Terry.

My remit ws on AH.

But thanks anywy. You can lock it now if you feel the urge or if you can do that on Feedback?

xxx
    J

Terry wrote:
    It's a great idea.
    In maxi feedback.
    Moved from AH.

Karoma locked the thread.
    You reported it. Nothing was done within 10 minutes, so you decided to start this thread.
    Did it occur to you that Karoma may be too busy to deal with your complaint straight away?

Sorry you added a few bits... Didn't hitnk out the original post? I do that sometimes!!

Eh the post had nothing to do with Karoma's response time. Where did you read that into it Terry? His or Her response time had nothing to do with starting the thread. I suggest you try engaging your brain and reading it all again Terry.

PM me if you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you feel that or any thread was locked and undeservedly.. report the post!
    I tend to restrict my usage of the Report Post feature to spam and abuse but then that's just what the little warning under the text box for reporting says.

The next step may be people using it to report threads that they think should be locked due to being useless. Although I have received post reports in the past that have just said "bad post" (as a quality assessment rather than referring to abuse) or an attempt at a discussion start with someone who will never take the bait so it wouldn't be much of a step backward.

sceptre wrote:
    I tend to restrict my usage of the Report Post feature to spam and abuse but then that's just what the little warning under the text box for reporting says.

The next step may be people using it to report threads that they think should be locked due to being useless. Although I have received post reports in the past that have just said "bad post" (as a quality assessment rather than referring to abuse) or an attempt at a discussion start with someone who will never take the bait so it wouldn't be much of a step backward.

Your last bit makes sense. I agree whole heartedly. Though I may not have the spelling correct. "Whole Heartedly" Damn spelling issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Take it up with Karoma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

They were flirting all day.. this one went to the bin... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055128531

The thread the OP is discussing started off average and went completely off topic... I'm sure if they petition the admins a private room can be set up for their little love-in...

Irish Wolf wrote:
    They were flirting all day.. this one went to the bin... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055128531

The thread the OP is discussing started off average and went completely off topic... I'm sure if they petition the admins a private room can be set up for their little love-in...

Try thinking outside the box. Bigger picture etc.16:9 > 4:3 etc

Nesf has.

Hmmm... ok then... take it up with Cloud.

That big enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Irish Wolf wrote:

:D
    I never realised you had a sense of humour Irish Wolf, you're usually so....unhumourous (for lack of a better word).
    Karoma locked the thread because it was too vague as well as the Off-Topic turn that it took. I agreed with his reasons and as much as I like making lists didn't try to appeal it's locking.
    After Hours just isn't ready for a thread of such intellect. ;)

Glad you enjoyed the thread David Michael. Who knows, it may return someday, somewhere else. Don't really know where to start it besides in AH, except for the Thunderdrome, but putting it there is just asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Try the Cuckoo's Nest. You'll like it there.

:D
    I never realised you had a sense of humour Irish Wolf, you're usually so....unhumourous (for lack of a better word).

It's strange.. because I thought once upon an age you did.. but if you can't deal with AH and Pighead then there's little doubt that you don't...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Don't report the post, PM the mod. A mod probably won't unlock a thread another mod has locked.

Irish Wolf wrote:
    It's strange.. because I thought once upon an age you did.. but if you can't deal with AH and Pighead then there's little doubt that you don't...

;)

I can deal with both. What makes you think I can't?
    And you know I'm only messin with ya ;) !

nesf wrote:
    Try the Cuckoo's Nest. You'll like it there.

Eh no there Ted, they scare me in there. Bunch of lunatics. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

This thread makes my nose bleed.

This thread makes my nose bleed.

Funny enough my nose bled too. I feel that ones efforts to help C&C's second quater results visa vsomething etc may not be good enough. We need more sun.

Damn shares. Still every little bit helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It was a spammy thread even by AH standards.
    I've discussed the matter with the OP, and he's OK with things. If you have a problem with a decision, feel free to raise it via PM or Feedback - do not use the Reported Posts function please as it'd mean an excessive amount of crap in my email inbox (The result will be that I'll just ignore emails and genuine reports will be drowned out). Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, as long as they can express it in a remotely civilised and productive manner.

Now, if you'd like to explain why you think that thread should have been kept open: I'm reading... You do have something productive to write for a change, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah yes an unexpected chance for Pighead to achieve closure. Cut off in me prime I was. Pighead had set up the unsuspecting CaptainNegative for a fall and was cruelly stopped in his tracks at a vital moment of proceedings.

Anyway CaptainNegative posted this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53680930&postcount=34

Pigheads response was going to be this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53407069&postcount=27

Oh really Mr Negative? Followed by some snide and immature remarks.

Anyway thread was locked so the previous few lines are all irrelevant.

Good work everyone.

Karoma wrote:
    It was a spammy thread even by AH standards.
    I've discussed the matter with the OP, and he's OK with things. If you have a problem with a decision, feel free to raise it via PM or Feedback - do not use the Reported Posts function please as it'd mean an excessive amount of crap in my email inbox (The result will be that I'll just ignore emails and genuine reports will be drowned out). Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, as long as they can express it in a remotely civilised and productive manner.

Now, if you'd like to explain why you think that thread should have been kept open: I'm reading... You do have something productive to write for a change, don't you?

In fairness without reading all that.... it was a good post!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

In fairness without reading all that.... it was a good post!
    I enjoy every post of yours. Twice on a Sunday, with tissues. I'll love you like no man has ever loved you before if you keep it up.

Advertisement