Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents 25th anniversary Present

Options
  • 31-07-2007 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

My god this is tough - trying to find a present for the parents for their 25th anniversary but on a tight enough budget (around the 500 euro mark) they are already heading off to Italy for the actual day.

we were thinking of sending them down the country but not too far from Dublin (dont really wanna say hey here is a hotel in Galway - enjoy your 8 hrs driving!!) anyone know of some nice places or even alternative ideas??

any help would be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

25th wedding anniversary is silver isnt it ?

In that case dont buy them anything in silver as theyll be given that by just about everybody.

If you wanted to be a smartarse you could tell them you got them something in silver and book them into a hotel with silver in the name such as -

http://www.silverspringshotel.ie/

Although thats in cork and probably too far a drive .... you get the idea anyway

Just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

actually not a bad idea! i'll see if i find anything along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

For a recent anniversary present for our parents we got all the offspring together (which was a bit of logistical nightmare) in a photography studio to get a decent picture of the five of us together. We got it framed, and it hangs on the wall - lots of people have commented on it, and my parents were really chuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 midorigirl

cuckoo wrote:
    For a recent anniversary present for our parents we got all the offspring together (which was a bit of logistical nightmare) in a photography studio to get a decent picture of the five of us together. We got it framed, and it hangs on the wall - lots of people have commented on it, and my parents were really chuffed.

We did same thing for my parents 25th anniversary, they were delighted with it especially seeing as we've all left home. loads of people comment on it when they come to the house.

Advertisement