Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Witty Headline Thread

• 01-08-2007 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭

I just saw on Skysports.com one of their lead stories is Latics Bag Brown and just thought there was definately a Sun styled pun/headline in there just waiting to get out!

Something along the lines of "Brown Bags Latics Deal"
    Something to confuse and amuse!

So was thinking, why not have a thread where we can show off our eloquence with the language, where we can come up with the clever or cringworthy headlines, ideally not stolen from the days papers, and who knows maybe even get contracted by one of the rags to sit in a dark room coming up with more - for money!

So unsheathe your rapier wit's and have a go!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Not sure if this is exactly what you want but when I first read this thread I thought of the Super Callie Go Ballistic Celtic Are Atrocious headline. And who said John Barnes brought nothing to Scotland? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

hehe 2 classics there alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I like the "Gerrard and Carragher sign on" headline on SkySports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

My favourite, although completely non football related, was when the London Policeman had a sex change and was allowed to return to work as a WPC.

The Sun's headliines (I kid you not) was "No Knobby Bobby, Keeps His Jobby".:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i liked the one earlier this summer when it was believed that Fowler was going to be plying his trade in the SPL this season. "Old firm battle it out to sign GOD"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

From The Sport (yeah, I know :o ) when Julian Dicks scored the last Liverpool goal in front of the old Kop:
    'Big Dicks sticks it in' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

From The Sport (yeah, I know :o ) when Julian Dicks scored the last Liverpool goal in front of the old Kop:
    'Big Dicks sticks it in' :D

Shame Stefan Kuntz wan't in goal:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

If new liverpool signing works hard to get up and score a header "Tower of Babel" Groan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Probably never happened but, "Darren Bent scores at the Gay Meadow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

This guy comes back from injury to score

Creedence Clearwater's Revival ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

When Kuyt hits a good run of form

"Kuyt flying high" *groan*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Rather obvious, but since Drogheda sold Glen Fitzpatrick to St Pats today, how about DROGS MISFIT GLEN FITS PATRICK'S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

The classic sun headline after Sweden beat England 'Swedes 2 Turnips 1'
    or after Scotland drew in the Faroes 'Faroes 2 Fairies 2'. I mean I never read the rag but their headline writers can be inspired sometimes.

Advertisement