Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tougue Piercing!

Options
  • 01-08-2007 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Lol Hey,
    Firstly sorry for posting a new thread..it's kinda ergent in a way, i'm getting my tougue done tomorrow..but i'm a little scared..firstly my mate told me if they hit the rong vein or something it can lead you to being paralised or even dying..:| secondly..what would you adivise me to do with helping it to heal better!
    Please give me some tips..am a little nervous as i am getting it done tomorrow :P

thank you :)
    x AMBER x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Have a look under your tongue, you'll see big purple veins there, if a needle pierces them veins then yes, you're fcuked. So don't go to a dodgy piercing parlour! (I suggest Celestial Ring or Snakebite - don't go to Georges Street Arcade!)

Help to heal it better? Get some zinc tablets from a health store, listen to every word your piercer says about the healing process. The tongue will keep itself pretty clean but still, listen to your piercer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nonameyet

Hi, I got my tongue pierced about 6 years ago and there is nothing to worry about if you go to a proper piercer. They will check your tongue for all these veins you are talking about and then they will tell you whether you can get your tongue pierced or not (some people can't get it done). As for healing... I used Bethadine mouthwash (it is iodine based). It stinks a bit but heals it really quickly. I also brought a bottle of water everywhere with me for a few days and took some small sips every so often. Good luck with it!!! Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xcutiexamberx

hey, :)
    i got it done y'day...and it didn't go well :( my mouth wouldn't stop bleeding for hours so my friend rang up a nurse and she told me to take it out n put pressure on it..i feel fine now although i feel bit lightheaded sometimes but i think it was down to who piercered it..he said 'i think it went through a blood vessel..but thats normal' YEH RITE lol
    anywho enjoy your piercing :)
    cos i wont :P lol
    x x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what place did you go get it done?

A place called Inkslingers..i live in england so you probably won't know it..but im thinking of sueing x

• Advertisement

Hmmm, sorry to hear about your unfortunate mis-hap. If you signed anything before getting pierced I think you dont have a leg to stand on... could be wrong though

edit: had you drank alot of alcohol or anything the previous day, taking any blood thinning medication?

Ahhh right lol..i suppose it's just one of those things..but isn't the piercer ment to shine a light in your tongue to check for vains/blood vessels? the place didn't do that & also tongue piercing is illigal now so maybe that might help? what do you think? thanks x x x

uhm they usually check under your tongue to see if it is suitable to pierce, most people have 2 large blue veins on either side. Maybe your tongue wasnt suitable to pierce.
    I dont know about england but tongue piercings arent illegal in Ireland. Just look after your tongue, its an open wound (should eb closed already) but just keep an eye on it

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Tongue piercings are illegal??!!

Did I read that right? Lol.

Sorry 2 hear about your mishap... I got mine done 3 weeks go tomorrow, going to get my shorter bar in tomorrow. Went to BodyShock in Templebar, they're fantastic....

Hows your tongue now????

it's ok now.. i've taken the bar out but its stil healin so im still cleaning it and stuff! bit annoyed cos he didnt check my tongue n it cuddnt been even worse but he'll get wots comin 2 him...my mates have a plan ;) lmao x x x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

There's an element of risk with all piercings.
    Don't get hostile towards the piercer, you're the one who went to them and trusted them!

Always go to someone that you've checked out beforehand and heard good things about.
    Take the high road on this one Amber.

Sorry it didn't work out.
    There are plenty of other cool piercings around, don't get disheartened.

Advertisement