Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router losing connection

Options
  • 01-08-2007 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Im having a problem with my interent connection. Im using wireless eircom broadband. It works fine except when i go to download a torrent. The internet connection no longer works....on any computer in the house (all using wireless). no matter what computer i download the torrent on, the internet connect losses signal after about 2/3 minutes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The first thing you should be aware of is if your router needs ports forwarded. The other thing is torrents are not [SIZE=-1]instantaneous they take time to gather speed, this can depend on the amount of seeders / peers available already sharing the torrent.
    [/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 30 murf

mgsrocks wrote:
    Im having a problem with my interent connection. Im using wireless eircom broadband. It works fine except when i go to download a torrent. The internet connection no longer works....on any computer in the house (all using wireless). no matter what computer i download the torrent on, the internet connect losses signal after about 2/3 minutes. Anyone know how to fix this?

That's quite a strange one! It's possible that the number of connections made by the torrent is overloading a buffer in the router or on the adsl service itself.

Does the wireless router lose the DSL sync when you lose internet? does the wireless lights go off? or are all the lights on, but nobody at home, as it were.

Advertisement