Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A list of all the parts.....

Options
  • 01-08-2007 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

.......that is required to build your own PC would be great. I'm hoping to do this soon, very soon and was hoping that a list of all parts could be provided by someone. Just for the tower btw. I've got an Antec 900 on the way, really like the look of the case and have read many good things about it.

Case(have 1 on the way), motherboard, processor, graphics card, PSU, sound card, RAM, HD, Optical Drives (have 2 already) & cooling units. Anything else? Also have keyboard and mouse on the way.

I'm looking at a budget of about €2,000 excluding anything I've got so far and also excluding cost of a monitor. It's going to be used for gaming as well as college work (hopefully starting software development in Sept).

There's a good chance I'm going to get someone to get the parts in America so it'll work out cheaper so I can up the spec a little.

Silence is defo a key here too, I need to have a very quiet system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Get them all from europe if you can, I ordered a camera lense for 570, im going be hit with 21% vat which is 120 euro extra lol!

Heres a little shopping list for you:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.aspx?mode=edit&ShoppingListId=488539

Them fan will make the case alot more quite, that case is so bloody loud when the fans are on high!

Someone else can probally look at the list and tell me im totally wrong :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

CPU cooling & OS are the first things that come to mind as being missing from your list. What about speakers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

dazftw wrote:
    Get them all from europe if you can, I ordered a camera lense for 570, im going be hit with 21% vat which is 120 euro extra lol!

Heres a little shopping list for you:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.aspx?mode=edit&ShoppingListId=488539

Them fan will make the case alot more quite, that case is so bloody loud when the fans are on high!

Someone else can probally look at the list and tell me im totally wrong :)

Ah no, these parts will be coming home in a suitcase from someone being on holidays :D Thanks for doing up the shopping list but I can't access it.:confused:

Skittle wrote:
    CPU cooling & OS are the first things that come to mind as being missing from your list. What about speakers?

Thanks for that. Have a very good set of Creative headphones that will do for speakers, and also the ones on the monitor. Not looking for 5.1/7.1 on my PC.

I have a Scythe Ninja cpu cooler in that list and windows xp look again...

dazftw wrote:
    I have a Scythe Ninja cpu cooler in that list and windows xp look again...

It says access denied :confused: Also, I wanna go with Vista.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

This is what i would get if i had 2grand, the psu i think is pretty silent and you need some1 to advise you on a cpu cooler

Cherry Black CyMotion Expert (USB/PS2) Keyboard - Black
    (£14.09)
    Logitech MX 400 Performance Laser Mouse - Retail
    (£22.31)
    Samsung SM-245B 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
    (£375.99)
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit Edition DVD - OEM -
    (£64.61)
    Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CMPSU-620HXUK)
    (£88.11)
    Noctua NF-S12 1200RPM 120mm Silent Case Fan - 3 Pin x3
    (£42.27)
    Pioneer BDC-202BK 5x BD-ROM + 12x12 DVD±RW Serial ATA Dual Layer ReWriter - (Black) - OEM
    (£140.99)
    Samsung SpinPoint T HD501LJ 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM
    (£63.44)
    BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC2 640MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) -
    (£264.36)
    G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NQ PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit
    (£64.61)
    Gigabyte GA_P35_DS4 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
    (£111.61)
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.66GHz (1333FSB)
    (£125.71)

Total : £1,407.43

That gives you a blu ray drive and a full hd monitor but I dont know if you want that, the graphics card will probably be the loudest thing in the system but only when your playing games

Thanks for that Plonk. I've a keyboard, mouse and optical drive (BR is not something I want to get into for the time being) already.

The rest looks good, especially the monitor.

Check out the following which comes in at about £1700 but I knew the monitor would cost me extra:

Motherboard

CPU

RAM

Hard Drive

Graphics Card

PSU

Fans x 4

Heatsink

Sound

Card Reader

Monitor

Operating System

you dont need windows ultimate 64bit edition. I had 64bit home premium its just crud for games! Stick with xp pro(64bit) until the service pack comes out! Also that motherboard is a watercooled one im not sure if you will need watercooling for it!?

Other than that it looks fine, I would think about getting a higher watt PSU 700watt + atleast just to be on the safe side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Ah no, these parts will be coming home in a suitcase from someone being on holidays
    :confused:

How exactly , all still in their boxes ? cos thats the only way they are gonna be safe ....just so ya know , and that would be quite bulky ,

Any of the circuit boards would be in dire danger from ESD and broken components if removed from the packaging , and packed in with a lot of clothes !
    And Im assuming there would be no RMA process for any of them !

• Advertisement

Oh yeah I know about the bulk of it. The main parts like the CPU, GPU and mobo will probably be got in the US, if I can fit anymore in I will. Will just have to see.

Just a quick update, I've decided to build this over about a month or so it'll be easier for me to troubleshoot should anything go wrong.

I changed the heatsink to this one http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=EQP52176&productID= and monitor to this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-015-DE&groupid=17&catid=510&subcat=

Both of which, as well as 4 scythe s-flex fans 1600rpm will be here at the end of the week.

PSU is next on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Ditch that heatsink, and get yourself a Tuniq or the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, much better cooling and allow for alot more Overclocking in the future if you so choose.....

I have a CNPS9500, there not a bad cooler, but they dont compare to the 2 ive listed above, and theres something about having your CPU idle at a nice low temp, it gives you peace of mind,;) and a warm cozy feeling!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

If you're going to spend that kind of money, consider a fast hard drive for your operating system and programs: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=320144 . It can be loud, so make sure you have silicone/rubber mounts to keep it from touching the case. it will help loading times a LOT

Actually picked up the heatsink and fans today :)

Have them installed and everything.

Thanks for the advice lads. I'm still considering a raptor for my OS alright, will weigh things up a bit more when I'm purchasing my HDs.

Thought I'd update this thread. Have it all built except for the Gfx. Everything works great but need to tidy up the wires inside as it's in a serious mess.

Case, Monitor, Mobo, CPU, RAM, Heatsink, PSU, Fans x 4, Sound.

Also, am running Windows XP Pro but only picking up 3.3gb of RAM, know it's something to do with OS or something so have Vista on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

How about some pics then?

Effort tbh :p Ah I will today.:D

:D

wiresgalorebo2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nice specs, but it aint nothing to smile about boyo...

• Advertisement

Sure fùcking is, I got it working, for me that's something!!!!

Will tidy it up when I get a chance.

No point in starting a new thread tbh.

I picked up a BFG 8800gt 512mb overclocked out of the box and a new case, Silverstone TJ07.

Will puts pics up as soon as I have her tidied up......proper tidy, not like the previous pics.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Boards.ie Build Gallery

You can throw some pictures up there, if you want. Should have gotten a modular psu! No matter what skullduggery I use I can never get a normal one to look 'tidy'. Look at the difference in my machine here :o

10122007001.jpg

28122007001.jpg

Advertisement