Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

BBC Radio 1 rock show

• 01-08-2007 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

I've been listening to radio 1's rock show for over 5 years (from when i that i could pick up radio 1 between lyric and today fm with a lot of fine tuning). Does anybody else listen to it and what are your opinions. I personally think it's gone down hill since daniel p. carter took over from mike davis who in turn replaced the excellent mary ane hobbs, but thats just me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Its gotta be better than Bruce Dickenson on BBC 6Music. Or that Phantom show on Friday nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

thought mary-anne hobbs was great. i'd still listen to the show if they bothered to put it on at a reasonable hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

mary anne hobs was great, she was the most rounded of presenters, mike davis music choices weren't as good imo, but that's because i've never been a fan of punk. i remember listening to it back in the day when john peel was on before her show, now he was a great dj it was ironic that he said that by moving his show from the 10 to 12 slot to a 11 to 1 slot was killing him. it was at this stage when i stopped listening to the show apart from whe there was no school.
    Daniel p. carter isnt great at all, firstly i never liked A. and the other night he played marilyn manson, korn and linkin park in a row. in fact the only thing i liked from his 2 hour set was 1 tool song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I thought the Bruce Dickinson Rock Show was very good, I used to replay it at work, he always came up with interesting old stuff I hadn't heard before.

Mike Davis's rock show was alright but it did tend to get a bit too much into the "We're well hard because we listen to metal, someone pass the whiskey bong" end of things which was a bit like the metal equivalent of Chris Moyles.
    But the music was usually OK. Haven't listened to it in years though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

I thought the Bruce Dickinson Rock Show was very good, I used to replay it at work, he always came up with interesting old stuff I hadn't heard before.
    Its not that theres anything wrong with the music he play, its just that he speaks in between the songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bruce talking in between the songs is better than 80% of the songs he plays though. Most of the new stuff on it is awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

MoominPapa wrote:
    Its not that theres anything wrong with the music he play, its just that he speaks in between the songs

Yeah, he does talk a lot OK, doesn't he. I can get over it, sometimes its interesting.

I realise my opinions on this might be overruled since my "last played track" in my signature seems to have locked to Chumbawumba :rolleyes:

Advertisement