Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Managing spdif on Laptop

• 01-08-2007 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope someone can help mee with this. I have a Dell M65 with a STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio sound card. When I first used headphones or a mic a pop up appeared to configure the jacks for each device. I was wondering is it possible to reconfigure these jacks again to give me two seperate audio-outs. I've been trying out DJ software and there is an option for using a seperate channel as a monitor or headphones for cueing a track. I know this is confusing, but I basically want to reconfigure my MIC jack as a seperate stereo audio-out channel. Can someone please help me. I found a website with Sigmatel drivers if anyone can distinguise between them.

http://www1.idt.com/?catID=9452416

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i have the same hardware.
    go to control panel and double click on sigmatel, and youll get the options in the screen shot below.

sigmatelti3.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlanmcCormack1

I hope you can help me. I have an M65 also.
    I had a serious accident with my machine (luckily it is fully insured and a new machine is on its way from Dell - in 10-14days). I have one file I need to get off my hard drive that wasn't backup up. Until then I am told the only way I can get at my files is if I put my hard drive in to another M65.

Is there any chance you live in Dublin and fancy €50 for 5mins of you and your machines time? I really need this file and can't wait 14days....

Alan

reidyg wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hope someone can help mee with this. I have a Dell M65 with a STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio sound card. When I first used headphones or a mic a pop up appeared to configure the jacks for each device. I was wondering is it possible to reconfigure these jacks again to give me two seperate audio-outs. I've been trying out DJ software and there is an option for using a seperate channel as a monitor or headphones for cueing a track. I know this is confusing, but I basically want to reconfigure my MIC jack as a seperate stereo audio-out channel. Can someone please help me. I found a website with Sigmatel drivers if anyone can distinguise between them.

http://www1.idt.com/?catID=9452416

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭reidyg

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Unfortunately I'm no longer in Dublin, I've moved down to Limerick currently looking for work. However it seems strange that you need another M65 to access the hard drive. As far as I know the 2.5" hard drive should slot into any standard laptop. You may have to remove the side casing of the hard drive that's flush with the outside chassis to fit in. Since M65's are very similar to XPS's and some inspiron models like the 9600's it should work. The only thing is that you may have to start up in safe mode because of incompatible drivers, but that should allow you to remove whatever you want to an external usb key or hard drive. Failing that I know maplin do adapters for 2.5" drives to fit standard desktops for about 20 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you get a 2.5ide - sata or even ide you can hook it up to a normal pc to get the file. PLaces like pcworld sell external 2.5 caddies if you are really in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlanmcCormack1

Guys,

Really appreciate all the tips. I managed to get the hard drive out and got a guy from PC world to follow some of your instructions (printed) and he was able to extract the crucial file I needed.

Thanks again!!!

Alan

• Advertisement
Advertisement