Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Mc Cann In One Word .. Hmm what would that be

• 01-08-2007 5:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

I am sick of buying the news and star to read about this fckin gob****e every week objecting against everything that moves in Waterford i mean Farran Park shop , None of his Buisiness he lives no where near it and yet has a problem . B+Q he has problem the new development in City centre Problem and then the New Development on the outer Ring Road , Does this guy want Waterford to develop or is trying to get paid off from these companies to "go away " If and when i do bump into this man on the street he will get the full brunt of me as A Local A pure waste of human space this man is and has beeing annoying me for the past few weeks , Could some one let me know where he plans to object to next because i will be there to confront him ...

He Puts the P in the word Rick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i believe its a poker event happening sometime later this year, in the woodlands hotel. ill get back to you with the details :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

kryogen wrote:
    i believe its a poker event happening sometime later this year, in the woodlands hotel. ill get back to you with the details :p

Lol - Lmao , We actually had tgo get permission from the Gardai on these ones .. All good though Gardai were great for the last event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

we should get a joint catapult and tie him up and send him back to where ever the hell he blew in from, he,d object to a door been opened so he would, he must have some money to waste with all them objections he puts in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

we should get a joint catapult and tie him up and send him back to where ever the hell he blew in from, he,d object to a door been opened so he would, he must have some money to waste with all them objections he puts in.

€96K a year buys an awful lot of submissions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

hes from galway and straight back he should go
    menace to society
    wnaker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As much as I dislike the person, be very carefull what you say. We had threats here a while back (from someone "suggesting" he sue Boards, not a direct threat) about suing Boards.ie for damages to his name. I think discussion in general is OK but be very carefull what you say - dont want to get Boards into any hassle.

I skimmed through the paper so I didnt read much, what has he objected to again? As far as I know, he has objected to everything possible and its before the appeal commitee? I can understand concerns over the new consturction, but I do feel he is taking it a step to far by objecting to nearly everything.

I dont believe its doing his name any good, and chances of election any time soon is slipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Apparently one local guy persevered for 4 years (jumping through all McCann't hoops & obstacles), and finally had planning approved. Saw article in N&S, last week, i think.
    Don't know though, if it can be appealled, again :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There was talk a couple of years ago about a campaign for legislation to stop hobbyist serial objectors, did anything come of it? The trouble is that if he made a useful objection to something now, nobody would take him seriously.

Bards wrote:
    €96K a year buys an awful lot of submissions
    he obviously has nothing else to spend it on, thats sad boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Just be glad you're not a neighbour of his, I find it very challenging trying to avoid the urge to veer across the road anytime I see him.

God forgive me but I must say I'm glad planning permission was refused for St Mary's Church in Ballygunner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I dont think it was just McCann that objected to Ballygunner Church, a good few weren't happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the leader 64

well mccann gets away with murder,

he has already upheld a major development in waterford that we need badly.

but whwen the new buildings going up where he teached he did not object because he knows where his bread and butter are coming from.

mccann is a disgrace and a laughing stock of this city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

portlairge wrote:
    hes from galway and straight back he should go
    menace to society
    wnaker
    No thanks, we have enough serial objectors here.:eek:

galwayrush wrote:
    No thanks, we have enough serial objectors here.:eek:

well then.. stop breeding them and exporting them to other cities in the country.

We should set up a border around Galway to stop them exporting their mad hatters:D :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Bards wrote:
    well then.. stop breeding them and exporting them to other cities in the country.

We should set up a border around Galway to stop them exporting their mad hatters:D :D:D

Ah now not all us Galway folk are like that twat, most of us exported Galwegians are quite normal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I think he revels in the publicity and notoritey, the more you complain and bitch about him the more he laps it up. He's a celeb now and boy is he lovin it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pac413

He's a lecturer on a Civil Engineering course in WIT.

Does anyone else see this irony? :rolleyes:

Pac413 wrote:
    He's a lecturer on a Civil Engineering course in WIT.

Does anyone else see this irony? :rolleyes:

You & the student body should launch a campaign to remove him from his post, as he is destroying your future earning potential in this City.

start by boycotting his classes and see if the WIT governing body will finally sit up and take notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pac413

As great as that would be, I don't care anymore; I changed course.

And he was only the Maths lecturer, but still... you've got a good point.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I cant imagine WIT taking any notice of his objecitons. Once he doesnt step on their toes, they wont care. Dont remove him just because of what he does outside the college, apparently he is a good Maths lecturer.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote:
    I cant imagine WIT taking any notice of his objecitons. Once he doesnt step on their toes, they wont care. Dont remove him just because of what he does outside the college, apparently he is a good Maths lecturer.

he spoke pubicly against the upgrading of WIT to University.. surely this is gross insbordination and should be dismissed

can you imagine if you or I spoke out publicly against our private sector employers plans.. we would be fired.. no if's no but's out the gate with a P45:mad:

Bards wrote:
    he spoke pubicly against the upgrading of WIT to University.. surely this is gross insbordination and should be dismissed

can you imagine if you or I spoke out publicly against our private sector employers plans.. we would be fired.. no if's no but's out the gate with a P45:mad:
    they should give mccann more than just p45 i tell ya!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Bards wrote:

From what I've heard from a few sources, there are many in there against the upgrading of WIT to a Uni, simply because many of them wouldn't have the qualifications behind them to lecture in a Uni.. I maybe wrong, but its what I've heard many a time from those who work within the college.

Back on topic, at this stage, I think ignoring him is the best thing. He obviously has nothing better to do with him time than object to progress.. He doesn't speak for the community, he doesn't get voted onto anything and his actions are doing nothing more than alienating him from everyone around him. So let him be..

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    From what I've heard from a few sources, there are many in there against the upgrading of WIT to a Uni, simply because many of them wouldn't have the qualifications behind them to lecture in a Uni.. I maybe wrong, but its what I've heard many a time from those who work within the college...

there may be many in there who are against the upgrading, but how many of these have expressed their views publicly?

Is Brendan McCann qualified to lecture at University Level... if not than surely he is not qualified to dictate planning terms & conditions.

and if he is qualified to lecture Maths at University Level it still does not entitle him to make all those submissions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Bards wrote:
    there may be many in there who are against the upgrading, but how many of these have expressed their views publicly?

Is Brendan McCann qualified to lecture at University Level... if not than surely he is not qualified to dictate planning terms & conditions.

and if he is qualified to lecture Maths at University Level it still does not entitle him to make all those submissions

Without wanting to defend the man, nothing but informed concern should qualify anyone to submit. If any good should come from his string of objections (some excellent and well directed, others completely out of line) it should show just how difficult it is.

And before the 'qualifications' idea grows legs (for the sake of a fair trial), he has a phd unlike most of the department of construction and civil engineering (of respect I will say no more), far better teaching skills and an actual interest in planning and development (And this is from experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

I would not call the glass boxes beside the Tower in Railway Square "progress".

Advertisement