Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Guide

• 01-08-2007 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hello

I know there was a guide recently posted but I can't seem to find it, but I was wondering if you guys could help me by pointing out some of the sights of Waterford City and its surroundings that are worth seeing. The only catch is that they must be accessible by public transport.

I shall be visiting Waterford this weekend for the Spraoi and I would like to see a bit more of the county while I'm there.

I'm aware of Reginalds Tower, the Glass Factory showroom, Waterford Treasures etc. Any others??

Any help welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Public transport is a bit limiting, but you can get to Tramore and Dunmore East by bus, Tramore is funfair type place (also great beach, surfing), Dunmore East is a working harbour, good place to walk round. In the town you could enquire about the walking tour at 12 and 2 each day, ask at the tourist office on the quay. Gives you a quick and entertaining look at all the interesting historical bits - in a fairly small area so its not a lot of walking.

http://www.whazon.com/ this might be the guide you referred to.

Advertisement