Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Recruitment

Options
  • 01-08-2007 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

I am entering my final year in September so it's got me thinking about the future a little...However I am unsure what I want to do (I'm sure a lot of people are the same).

I have three choices that I can see - year off, masters or work... What I am wondering is, is there a cut-off period for when a person who gains a degree cannot enter a graduate recruitment placement?

I would like a year travelling and considering my options but if that means that I am no longer able to take a graduate job then it isn't worth my time (my plan is to take a graduate place until I have that golden two and a half years experience with which I can apply to basically any job)

Thanks all!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Some companies will still class you as a graduate up to 2 years after you graduated so taking a year off may be possible. It varies between companies so check out some potential future employers to make up your mind.

I think doing something else like travel/further study is easier straight after finishing college as opposed to working for a few years and then deciding to do something. I went straight into a full time job after college and at the moment I don't think I could afford to go travelling or back to college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

are you in I.T sabre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No, I am doing a Business degree - Marketing as a major, Entrepreneurship as a minor...

🤪

Advertisement