Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car crash

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

So I will just have to wait and call the insurance company and see if a claim was made, I presume because it was a company car it would take longer for a claime to go through, it wouldnt surprise me if she will try and say I have injured her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Dublin14

Anna23 wrote:
    So I will just have to wait and call the insurance company and see if a claim was made, I presume because it was a company car it would take longer for a claime to go through, it wouldnt surprise me if she will try and say I have injured her![/QUOTE]

Excellent - there's your next drama........

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Doolittle51

Don't worry about it. Judging by her actions at the scene, i'd say she'll forget about it. You should drop into the local Garda station to report the accident, just so they have a record of it from your point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

OMG who cares , its the tinyest of scratches on her car (and she doesnt even care it seems) and no damage to your car . - Get on with your life.

I never understood why people are so precautious and over reactive when it comes to little bumps with cars

If somebody bumped into you while walking down the street chatting on your phone and you dropped your phone and scratched it .. would you call the police and demand to know the persons personal details.

the scratche on her car would propably cost 20 euro to fix (if she was bothered)

I just dont want to end up with a bill at my door for damages to her back, so I will be extra careful with ppl like her, I AM SORRY but thats just me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I've put worse scratches on cars just putting boxes in and out of the boot. If it's a company car I'd say she'd be less inclined to report it because simply it's not her car. Most people with company cars don't even bother to present them on time for service never mind worry about little scratches on the car

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dublin14 wrote:
    God Anna23 you seem to spend your days being "terrified" of people - in work - on the roads..........!!! I'm surprised you leave your house....

Stick to the topic, Dublin14

Hope so I will give Quinn Direct a call. Oh I just went downstairs to have a look at her car and its badly damaged on the left handisde at the back, she better not put that on me, I dont know what that "crash" was all about but it wasnt me who did it!

Well it looks like she made a claime against me, so what shall I do now? I just spoke to Quinn Direct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Stop asking the internet for advice and sort it out with your insurance company. Tell them everything as it happened, they will then sort it out. Probably not to your advantage, but you did hit someone from behind regardless of whether you thought she was about to make an illegal turn.

• Advertisement

Anna23 wrote:
    Well it looks like she made a claime against me

F'n Bi*ch :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 moto2006

To be honest,there isn't a huge amount you can do. Write out exactly what happened and tell your insurance company - which you seem to have done already. As far as I know next they will send you out a form asking you to fill in all the details of the accident - where, when, a little box to draw in pictures of where all the vehicles involved were and a section for you to put in any miscellaneous information. You can included there about her leaving the scene and that she was making an unexpected/illegal manoeuvre also.

I realise that she shouldn't have been pulling an illegal turn but you will probably still be at fault for hitting into the back of her. I can't believe she went to the insurance company for such a tiny scratch though! Anyway for better of worse, tis out of your hands now, the insurance companies will sort it out from here :(

"Stop asking the internet for advice and sort it out with your insurance company. Tell them everything as it happened, they will then sort it out. Probably not to your advantage, but you did hit someone from behind regardless of whether you thought she was about to make an illegal turn."

I will do and ask whoever and whatever I want, I have not been rude to anyone, and this has never happened to me before and I have been driving for the last 7 years, so i really dont want to be a pain in the bu tt and sorry if I am but I was asking for advice as the scratch was very silly and minor damage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

moto2006 wrote:
    To be honest,there isn't a huge amount you can do. Write out exactly what happened and tell your insurance company - which you seem to have done already. As far as I know next they will send you out a form asking you to fill in all the details of the accident - where, when, a little box to draw in pictures of where all the vehicles involved were and a section for you to put in any miscellaneous information. You can included there about her leaving the scene and that she was making an unexpected/illegal manoeuvre also.

I realise that she shouldn't have been pulling an illegal turn but you will probably still be at fault for hitting into the back of her. I can't believe she went to the insurance company for such a tiny scratch though! Anyway for better of worse, tis out of your hands now, the insurance companies will sort it out from here :(

.............I think this is the best bit of advice in the whole thread. Do exactly as Moto says and include the drawings and point out the fact that there was previous damage to a part of the car that you did not hit.

Now sit back and let the accessor sort it all out. If your cars is hardly damaged then that should be proof enough that you didn't do anything other than scratch the rear bumper of here car, which in the case of a company car that is leased may actually be covered under fair wear and tear on their lease deal.

Unfortunatley the fact that she had her indicator on suggesting she was about to make an illegal turn doesn't change anything !

Good luck BTW !

ah well hope all will be well, and I also hope that I can pay for it myself as I have a lot of years no claim bonus and I AM NOT planning in loosing anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP if you had left the proper braking distance between you and the
    car in front surely you'd have had enough space/time to react to her
    'sudden' and illegal maneuver. By the sound of her reaction I hope
    you took photos showing the state of the rest of her car as I would
    not be surprised if she claims you did all the damage currently on her
    car. I also wouldn't be surprised if you spot her sporting a neck brace
    and if she has whiplash.

Nothing you can do but leave it in the hands of your insurance company
    and await their feedback. As for your current mental state you might
    be better off looking for assistance in PI.

I did and they sent me here, my mental state is excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Any chance you weren’t paying attention because you were thinking about the guy who doesn’t like you, or the guy who does like you but your not sure what to do, or your boss not liking you, or the fact your still worried about your “Friends” sick pay.

Anyway I digress. You caused the accident no matter what the person in front of you was doing you should have been far enough behind her to be able to stop safely. You obviously weren’t because you hit her, or you were far enough behind and just not paying attention. You hit her, you pay or your insurance pays. End of story.

Any chance you weren’t paying attention because you were thinking about the guy who doesn’t like, or the guy who does like you but your not sure what to do, or your boss not liking you, or the fact you still worried about your “Friends” sick pay.

Anyway I digress. You caused the accident no matter what the person in front of you was doing you should have been far enough behind her to be able to stop safely. You obviously weren’t because you hit her, or you were far enough behind and just not paying attention. You hit her, you pay or your insurance pays. End of story.

Must say I agree with the above 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks to me like she didn't want the cops involved because she didn't want to possibly share the blame for attempting an illegal manouver. Sounds like she knew exactly what she was doing to me.

While you were at fault for running into the back of her, a small percentage of the blame might still fall with her for attempting an illegal manouver. Have you any photos to prove she was making the illegal turn i.e. the position of her car immediately after the accident in relation to the illegal left turn? Could help your case. I'm not a solicitor so I'm not trying to give you legal advice, I'm just trying to figure out the bigger picture here.

What advice did your insurance company give you when you told them about her illegal turn attempt and her leaving the scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

Anna23 wrote:
    Hope so I will give Quinn Direct a call. Oh I just went downstairs to have a look at her car and its badly damaged on the left handisde at the back, she better not put that on me, I dont know what that "crash" was all about but it wasnt me who did it!

Did I miss something or do you know her? Why was her car downstairs?

Sorry missed that

They just said its ur fault and of story, ah i will jsut ahve to wait and see what happens,

and no alan I wasnt thinking of any of those things, thank u very much!

anna23 & this thread are just comic genius :D

C_Breeze wrote:
    anna23 & this thread are just comic genius :D

Unless she's driving behind you and not leaving enough braking distance. ;)

OP it's your responsiblity to be in a position to react safely to any hazards
    or potential hazards whilst driving, it is not your responsibility to police
    how others drive. 'Expect the unexpected' as the saying goes.

I recognized the car, she works in the same business park, dotn I know looks like my life is a total joke!

Anna23 wrote:
    I recognized the car, she works in the same business park, dotn I know looks like my life is a total joke!

LOL :D

what business park is it? and where did this carsh occur just out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Tauren wrote:
    I know someoen who hit another car from behind because they stopped dead on a round about when they saw a garda car approaching. The garda saw it happen, and said it was the fault of the fella that slammed on the brakes.

I know someone who slammed on the breaks when a kid ran out on the road and was hit by a car behind her. A garda saw it happen and said it was the fault of the fella behind because they were driving to close.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Surely if she left the scene then there is no proof that the accident happened?

Ie, you have damage on your own car from a previous incident, you find a car parked beside your own and take their insurance details and say you saw them drive into the side of your car when parking??

If there are no witnesses, no record of the crash, and you have no idea who she is (theoretically), how can the claim exist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's all academic now, OP. You left it to the other party to contact YOUR insurance co. Even if you were in the right, that never bodes well.

You'll need to give a very precise report of the incident. When giving it, to back up your claim that she was making an illegal right turn, you should include details of the traffic flow, if there was much traffic ahead of the car you hit (ie, if you were expecting her to stop because of traffic etc) and anything else. It doesn't look good for you tbh. As was already stated, there should be enough distance left between you and the car in front to enable you to stop safely in any circumstance.

Just one thing. The Gardaí don't always come to RTAs, if the cars can be moved off the road (ie if there's no dispute on blame etc), you should do so and then exchange details. In not passing her details on to you, she did leave the scene of the accident in an improper manner.

Finally, NEVER EVER concede liability at the scene. Even if you were 100% to blame, you should keep your mouth shut about it. Let your insurance company sort it out. Ideally, you should have called them at the first opportunity to make them aware of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Anna, that picture you posted, is that all the damage you did. Make sure she isn't claiming against you for the other damage you noticed.

Advertisement