Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car crash

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Anna23 wrote:
    guy in Quinn

ugggh mistake number one is being insured with quinn and expecting good service and tbh your pissing against the wind trying to have a complaint taken seriously with them.

if a doctor says she is injured she is injured and she will get paid HOWEVER quinn are notorious for offering to settle injury claims quickly and cheaply by offering the claimant a cheque straight away instead of waiting for doctor reports etc.

they do this because on average they will save money for it they will end up giving some people money they dont deserve but also end up saving money by offfering people with more serious injuries less than what piab would offer them(thus screwing the people in actual need) ultimately you dont have a choice if they decide to do this as they have the right to settle the claim any way they want but i would kick up a major stink if they tell you they are paying the injury claim and you are sure its fraud.

finally the actual amount of the claim matters little to you( on a financial level i understand it annoys you in principle) as it does not affect the amount your insurance goes up. they could pay out 1k or 1ook and your insurance will go up the same amount. the only reason it will affect you is if you are trying to pay quinn back the money to save your no claims bonus but I doubt you will want to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

I was told by one of my friends who works there that he is one of the best, better that the one who was initially dealing with this who ended up leaving the company, I have been passed onto people all the time, I actually did go to their office, waited 30 mins before I spoke to anyone, I was really nice to her she saw the damage done to the car and she said the most she can get is 500 and that they will not entrtain a PI claim for that, but my inurance is due to be renwed and I cant do anything, cant move anywhere else until they solve this and they are trying to buy more time and get more money of me as my insurance already went up by 44 euro per month!

If I go to another insurance but dont tell them about this, can I be caught out?

So what can I do if tehy pay out, how can I kick up a stink, they will laugh at me and say be glad u didnt end up in court!

Oh and I am going away on holiday so I wont be here until the 9th of September and he can do whatever he wants in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Anna23 wrote:

If I go to another insurance but dont tell them about this, can I be caught out?

They will ask you for a statement of bonus from quinn before they insure you and that will mention you have an ongoing claim against you. There is no issue that you are at fault though so you can accept you are going to lose some of your bonus and go to another company if you wish before its sorted(at least im pretty sure you can i didnt work in that area)
    So what can I do if tehy pay out, how can I kick up a stink, they will laugh at me and say be glad u didnt end up in court!

its up to them if they pay out and how much they pay out but what i mean by a stink is make it very clear you want the injury claim fully investigated with independant doctors / piab etc etc
    Oh and I am going away on holiday so I wont be here until the 9th of September and he can do whatever he wants in the mean time.

out of courtesy he should keep you informed all along the way and "ask" you about the next steps he is going to take. If you then disagree with the actions but it is his opinion its the only route he will do it anyway and explain that to you. However, if you do not ring them yourself, i would not be suprised, with quinn, if the first thing you hear of the settlement of the claim is on your renewal notice(which will tell you how much they paid out)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

its also worth noting, that failure to fufil ones duties at the scene of a road traffic accident is a penalty point offence.
    It is always good practice to report an RTA to the Gardai, by phone or in person. They don't always have to come, but it is good practice to call them and report it anyway. So the OP did right there.
    By failing to surrender her details to the OP, the woman in front is liable to be convicted for failing to fufil her duties at the scene of an RTA...and thats official

Well I havent heard anything yet, so I am not going to bother anymore, from what I know the accident is still open, and they have taken 88 euro out of my account but thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Anna23 wrote:
    Well I havent heard anything yet, so I am not going to bother anymore, from what I know the accident is still open, and they have taken 88 euro out of my account but thats it

what's the 84 for? do you pay monthly?

88 euro yes I pay monthly now after the accident, my insurance is 1045 or something like that so why should I pay, I am going over to a different company today I will get a quote from somewhere else, and I am finishing with quinn the guy didnt even bother ringing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Not wanting to sound blunt Anna, but your insurance has gone up because you were involved in an accident. Quinn seem to be the cheapest insurance company about so if you move you'll have to pay more.

You're not going to keep your cheap insurance after this accident

I know that not to worry, what I am pissed off about is that the accident has not been closed yet, so no settlment has been reached, once its settled then I know how much it was paid and if it wasnt a lot I can pay it myself and keep my no claims bonus. My best friend works for them in the claims dept and she adv me of what I can do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Anna23 wrote:
    I know that not to worry, what I am pissed off about is that the accident has not been closed yet, so no settlment has been reached, once its settled then I know how much it was paid and if it wasnt a lot I can pay it myself and keep my no claims bonus. My best friend works for them in the claims dept and she adv me of what I can do!

If your best friend works in the claims department stop asking us for advice.

• Advertisement

She doesnt deal with my claim so I cant ask, DPA hun DPA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

PeakOutput wrote:
    also the gardai should not (and most will not even if asked) make a judgement on who is at fault for the accident unless they actually see the accident happen and in that case in theory they are treated just like any other witness be

Not relevant in this case I know but as an aside this is not true.
    Two years ago I stopped at a roundabout and the car behind hit me. The car was an old Fiesta with no disks on the window and the drivers reaction was to shout and deny responsibility. I would not let her move the car until the guards arrived. At the scene the guard stated that the fault was obvious (ie. Her car stuck up the back of mine) and if she didn’t admit liability later he would do what he termed a “retrospective”. He explained that they often have to do this. It involves him submitting a report on what he saw at the scene and apparently the insurance companies tend to accept it.

I hit her and I called the gardai and she didnt want to wait for them she shouted at me and then go into her car and left, so I went to the gardai adn reported the accident, now they wont close the claim because he is saying she wants things done her way!

Advertisement