Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside Boiler in Garage

Options
  • 01-08-2007 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

We are just looking at heating options for our new build which is starting at the end of August.
    We have a shed/garage being built as well and we are thinking of putting an outside boiler here so that it's not in the house. Is this possible?

We are also going to look at solar panels and we are going to install UFH in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This may be better suited to DIY but I'll let it go until Muffler has a look. Regarding the boiler, my brother has his in the garage and there is no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

smashey wrote:
    This may be better suited to DIY but I'll let it go until Muffler has a look. Regarding the boiler, my brother has his in the garage and there is no problem.

Hi Smashey. Sorry about that. No problem if you want/need to move this to DIY.
    Im hoping to put the boiler in the Garage and also maybe some solar panels on the garage to keep eveything separate from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is one of these queries that could go into either forum. The general rule of thumb we use is: if the post is about something that can be directly related to refurbishment or refitting of an existing building then we will move it to DIY. What I mean by that is that the query could have been posted by someone renovating, refurbishing or upgrading a house and in which case it would be moved. The fact that it is a new build doesn't really alter the the main issue regarding locating a boiler in a detached garage.

I will move it to DIY and hopefully it will generate a few replies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

No worries. Thanks Muffler.

Advertisement