Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband Providers?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of switching to wireless BB, does anyone know where I can find a list of providers? At the mo I only know of Clearwire and Digiweb...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

At least tell us where you are, and someone might be able to help.....

Your best bet is http://www.broadband.gov.ie/ and google to search for your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭themarcus

Sorry yeah I should have mentioned I'm in Rathfarnham, Dublin...

Thanks, I'll try that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

no bother, people should not assume that boards.ie is a dublin forum, thats all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johnnyrafter

Just a warning about Clearwire....They block access to p2p , torrent, and skype. All very popular services, in fact up to 40% of all internet traffic is by torrents. To all who say torrents are just illeagal downloading, alot of big and small companies use it to transfer large files. The BBC and Warnerbros have recently done deals with torrent clients to send episodes and films this way.
    I have found clearwire customer service very good and prompt, but there must be a 'false advertising' issue with this.....do they advertise a partial internet service...i dont think so! It's like saying 256k downloading speed is broadband...with clearwire you can access 60% of the internet!!
    Then again if you want the internet for email, and browsing web pages its fine.....for vop, file downloading/sharing, or even large streams....try another ISP
    j:)

Advertisement