Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Civil Service.........

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

does ANYONE in the civil service know their ar se from their elbow?

Apart from the points already pointed out by other posters - ie you weren't dealing with anyone from the civil service and it was you who filled the form out incorrectly. Say you are right and this person did mislead you, how can you blame an entire section of employees because, in your opinion, one person didn't do their job properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Drapper wrote:
    can we have the tread title changed? to "Hustler the DCC hero!"

Has a nice ring to it! :D

datk, it turns out the person (as you correctly say in the PUBLIC service) didn't mislead him at all. A few temps on the phone did though. And they certainly aren't representative of the section of employees being criticised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

datk wrote:
    it was you who filled the form out incorrectly.

No I didn't as hustler pointed out. I was told on the phone that the reason my application had been rejected was because it had been filled out incorrectly. This turned out not to be true. There wasn't anything wrong with my application, an post didn';t deliver it and returned it to the Motor Tax Office I picked up my licence today. All the stories I was told on the phone were pure BS.

Many thanks again Hustler.

Advertisement