Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how insurance would act on 2 points ?????

Options
  • 01-08-2007 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

i had 2 points on my licence (over speeding) just want know how about insurance? are they going to bother 2 point rang to garda help line and they said its just 2 point your insurance shouldnt consider them any one with any experience with this situation? and so far no letter for points its already 3 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I wouldnt worry about it, quinn direct certinly dont care, i think if you have four points it might raise your premium a tiny bit though would be an issue if you were on a fleet policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

fleet policy? what that mean? i m with eagle start tpft. and do i have to tell my insurance company about those two points?

rowanh wrote:
    I wouldnt worry about it, quinn direct certinly dont care, i think if you have four points it might raise your premium a tiny bit though would be an issue if you were on a fleet policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RTFM.

In order words, take out all that literature that you ignored when you got your insurance, and read it. Nobody here issued your insurance policy to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Hibernian give a 10% Discount for 0% if you have 2, then its a loading above that

Your meant to declare it to your insurer, but in reality it doesn't make any difference, if you have an accident though they'll screw you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

I think the legal side of things is you have to tell the insurance company when you're renewing the policy or something? But don't think you've to do anything until then!

AXA and Quinn didnt really care at all when I had four?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

I have 2 policies an AXA and Hibernian ( I think),
    in the extra pages attached to one of them it says:

If you fail to inform us 'when you are notified that points have been added to your licence', then we will automatically increase your excess to €2,500

i.e. read the smallprint

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You must declare it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

They alreay know, Insurance companies will have your Drivers Licence number and they have accesss to the Peno Points data base.

You won't hear anything because they will not charge you mid term for them, you will feel the pinch at renewal.....

With regards Hibernian, you get 20% discount for 0 points and 10% discount for up to 2 points.

Read yer policy booklet.

Google "Upmost Goodfaith"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

craichoe wrote:
    but in reality it doesn't make any difference, if you have an accident though they'll screw you

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Muzzy wrote:
    They alreay know, Insurance companies will have your Drivers Licence number and they have accesss to the Peno Points data base.

Only Hibernian as far as I am aware have access to the penalty points database (your driver file).

The other companies simply catch you with their small print, saying that non-declaration of points will invalidate policies - that doesn't mean they've access to the points system.

Like you say 'Upmost goodfaith'

• Advertisement
Advertisement