Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting A Towbar ??

Options
  • 01-08-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I need to get a towbar for my car, its a 92 ESI Civic hatcback.

I have checked out mrbullbar and they can get them for 113 euro which is pretty good.

My question is are these easy to fit as the person i spoke to in mrbullbar said there is no welding required so should be a simple bolt on job....

Anybody ever got a towbar fitted?

Was there welding required??

All comments and advise appreciated... :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

€113 is that just for the tow bar kit?? that is not bad...
    in a breakers yard you'll probably pay about €60 for one...
    if you can find one in a travelers yard you'll proobably get it for €40..

They usually bold on, through the frame work under the boot... alot of them will require that the sheet metal in the boot be drilled either side to take the large bolts, a hole saw should do this no problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BJ2007

€113 is that just for the tow bar kit?? that is not bad...
    in a breakers yard you'll probably pay about €60 for one...
    if you can find one in a travelers yard you'll proobably get it for €40..

They usually bold on, through the frame work under the boot... alot of them will require that the sheet metal in the boot be drilled either side to take the large bolts, a hole saw should do this no problem....

cool, cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

A buddy of mine just got a really solid tow bar (for pulling a jet ski and a horse box) attached to a Ford Focus. Got it done in a Ford dealer, so probably paid above the odds (€300), but it's not gonna let him down...

Advertisement