Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Problem

Options
  • 01-08-2007 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Quick History.

Got Eircom BB last October, worked fine. Then Phonewatch caused connection problems. I just couldn't get a dsl connection, the dsl light flashed constantly, so got Phonewatch engineer to put splitter on, worked great until Feb this year, then nothing, no connection. back to flashing dsl Rang tech support a million times, got three different enginners to call out, and the third one seemed to have got it sorted. This was two months after my initial call to tech support. dsl was back, internet back. then few days later, noticed that I could only make a connection when the phone line was engaged, which kinda defeats the purpose of "always on", and being able to use your phone and surf at the same time.

It's been like that for months now, and I just can't ring eircom again, They p**sed me off so much last time. Anyone any ideas?

basically, if I want to connect the dsl, i have to engage the phone. Now, the very odd time, I can dis-engage the phone after 10/15 minutes and the dsl will stay on for a few hours, but eventually goes down again. It;s becoming a nuisance, but I'm guessing that there must be a line-fault somewhere. All my internal cables etc etc have been checked and double-checked by eircom.

all comments ( but especially helpful ones!) welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did you try disconnecting everything, inc. filters, from the phone line to test if the modem syncs/connects?
    It could be the phone thats causing the problem or a dodgy filter. Don't use a filter on the modem for the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mondubics

If you just switch off the modem it sometimes sorts things out. But leave it off for 10 seconds, don't just switch on again immediately.
    If you are using a wireless router between you and the modem, try using the 'repair' option on the pc. (sorry if you know all this and have tried it before).

Advertisement