Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The Bestest Present You Ever Got?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking the other day about all the presents I've received down through the years, from birthdays to christmas presents and more. While I've had my fair share of great presents I think only one has really knocked my socks off of me and that was the christmas my folks got me the first Playstation many moons ago.
    I remember being really shocked and excited when I woke up on christmas morning and found this waiting for me. It was the cool thing to have at the time and everyone wanted one. It was also my first console of any sort and I couldn't believe that my folks had given me one. I was all of a quiver.

So folks, what present did you receive that really blew you away and what age and on what occasion did you receive it? Do you still have it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

My two best friends got me a trip to london which included a photo shoot for my 21st. That was pretty cool. Still have the photo's so when i'm old and grey I still have some reminders of my hotness!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I came home one day and my two housemates had bought me a drumkit! Best Gift Ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

life.

either that or YORE MA!

*leaves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

I'm still waiting for my best present ever

I'm not bitter honestly....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moved to gifty placy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Best present I ever got was my son who was born on christmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Moved to gifty placy.

Sorry Tar- I didn't know this was even here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, soon boards will have a forum for everything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My husband was the best gift that I ever got :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i joked about getting a laptop for christmas the year i started college. ye know, for working in the library and all.

so imagine my surprise when i open an envelope on christmas morning, and my dad has stuck a load of pics and the specs of my shiney new lappie to a piece of paper (santa's workshop was busy that year, i didn't get it til the new year)

still got it almost 4 years later, and its still a great machine. has survived all sorts of nasty incidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Never got a decent present

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Hands down the car my mam got me for my 25th. Only an oul' banger of a yoke but I was so shocked and over the moon.

There were a couple of bits and pieces, and then this little parcel. I opened it and it was a matchbox toy car and a car key with a note saying "This is for the one outside" :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sega Master System II. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I've been given two pressies that are up at the top of my best presents ever list.

1. A REAL barbie doll. I was shaking opening it. Oh the memories :)
    2. A match box size mini cooper. (if only there was a key along side it telling me there was a real one outside)

A

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

CathyMoran wrote:
    My husband was the best gift that I ever got :)
    Not really a gift tho is it

Maybe somebody gave him to her?

/stalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

my d40 camera for my 21st .... I love my camera.. I hug it at times.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

microgirl wrote:
    Hands down the car my mam got me for my 25th. Only an oul' banger of a yoke but I was so shocked and over the moon.

There were a couple of bits and pieces, and then this little parcel. I opened it and it was a matchbox toy car and a car key with a note saying "This is for the one outside" :D:D:D:D:D
    AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh sweet!!
    I would dearly love to do that for my wonderful son who will be 21 soon

Advertisement