Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGR3 Tips

• 01-08-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hello all!

I am very interested in the WCG tournament this year - I have a bit more time to practice this year (my favourite games don't have much of a following you see :) ) . I was hoping to go for PGR 3!

I have done a few laps around each track and have tried out the Ferrari F50GT (a beast but it seems like it is the only car to race with...am i right?)...

Anyway I was hoping that some fellow competitors would be kind enough to give some tips or post their fastest lap times here (I expect to be laughed out of it but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained etc.). Also, those tips that come up at the start - Feint Drifting and the likes, are they actually effective?

Don't have an XBox myself so I'm really up against it but at least there will be another body in the qualifiers in the hopes of them coming around next year again! Cheers!!!

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Story Sabre, I'll gladly help you out with PGR and good to see you giving it a shot even though you're new to it.

First thing to do is change the sensitivity settings on the controller. To do this click the guide button (green x button in the middle of controller). Then press A and go to default settings. Press A and go into general and move the controller sensitivity to low. This really works, it's something I've only come across in the last month and I set PBs straight away.

The Ferrari F50 GT should definately be your weapon of choice, she's an animal of a car and the best in the game. Are you racing manual or auto? I recommend manual, especially with this car as it can be wild in the corners. 99% of turns in with this car should be taken in 3rd gear with the occasional sharp ones requiring 2nd or longer turns in 4th....not too many of them in the competition tracks though, I'll cover it in a tracks guide in a minute.

To get used to F50GT, I suggest racing the basic tracks like Her Majesty's Pleasure (London) or Big Apple Loop (Vegas), this will give you a chance to get used to the manual gears. This is how I did it and although it took a while, it helped a lot.

The tracks, I'll start from the easiest to the hardest (all imo of course):

Park Row (New York)
    Short enough track with 3 lap races probably not lasting longer than 3 minutes. 2 tricky corners to watch out for is the chicane just off the start line and the tight right hander which is the 2nd last turn.

South Strip Loop (Las Vegas)
    Another short track but a little faster than Park Row. Rather twisty at the beginning, all of which should be taken in 3rd gear. Then you'll come to a 25 degree right hander which tricks a lot of people, just drive through it, no turning. The 3rd last turn is tricky as it's after a long straight so get your braking zone right and then get to the penultimate turn. It's a slow turn but if you get it right you'll be lined up dead straight for the last turn.

Westminster Tour (London)
    Tricky in several places. 1st turn, get as close to the right barrier as you can so you've a good angle as it can mess your race up if you take this wrong. After the T2, stick to the left of the statue in the middle of this very very short straight. Keep left after T3 and then tight into T4 should set you up nicely for T5. T6 is tricky, brake before you get past the end of the barrier on your left. Long straight into a series of turns, all in 3rd gear. When you're approaching the last turn brake and enter it but don't go full whack on the gas as there's several bumps that will have you eating wall!!!

Full F1 Circuit (Nurburgring)
    T1 should be taken in 2nd, then up to 3rd for a long T2. Go very wide after T2 (watch the top times replays and you'll see what I mean). No tricky turns till the U-turn, keep it in 3/4th gear. Then through the chicane in 5th gear. You'll be redlining before you hit the turn after the chicane, don't upshift as it'll cost you too much time. 2nd last turn is a chicane, go through this in 3rd/4th and then last turn in 3rd.

Shinjuku Speedway (Tokyo)
    The longest and most difficult track out of the 5. First tricky bit you encounter is going under the bridge. Try keep to the left under it and then right up the middle and then left and out of it. 2 turns later you've a very slow hairpin, take it in 2nd. 3rd in the next turn and then a long straight. Then for the following turn you go down hill while turning so go wide and then turn right into it. Right, now you're into the sprial, waste of game coding imo but go through it in 2/3rd gear. 2 turns out of the spiral you've a slow left hander, take it in 3rd and then the rest of the turns are straight forward.

I've probably missed something but I'll come back to this as I've to go out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thanks very much - should be a great help! Have been racing automatic just to get to grips with it...But I have heard that manual is better! Getting the steering under control will push me to go manual gears so cheers for a great tip!

Look forward to hearing more!!!

🤪

Changing your sensitivity is probably the main thing, give that a go with auto and see how you fair. You can still set good times with auto, no doubt about it.

The best way to train starting out is to "race against the clock", you can just run laps over and over on the same track. Do 5 laps on one track and then move on as if you keep running the same track you'll get frustrated when you make the same mistakes over and over........trust me I do it all the time :mad: :p

Also, don't go balls to the wall trying to cut every corner until you get used to the car and know the tracks inside out.

Advertisement