Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Surf School

Options
  • 01-08-2007 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,
    Newbie here to the surfing forums, so bear with me if i'm a little unknowledgable.

I recently found the sport of snowbaording and really love it. While away on or last trip we decided to go surfing in the summer to. So our group have decided to get some lessons from a good school to learn the basics before heading out ot byu the full equipment and go ourselves. I have a few friends who are members of teh eastcoast surf club and they said they can help out wit the initail costs for equipement and tutoring at intermediate level.

but i've been looking for a good school. my friends have said they've only experiences Strandhill - which they said was fine. but i was wondering does anyone have some good recommendations as to what they've done etc.

whats the usually package?
    is there anything to watch out for?

Thanks in advance :)

http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pipedream

hey there, im a newbie myself and had my first surf lessons down at lahinch surf school a month ago and now ive got a really nice second hand board and im always looking for an excuse to get out on the water. I was thinking of joining the East Coast SC too so might see u out there!

I would definitely recommend these guys in Lahinch, They are based right on lahinch strand and me and my friend got a great package off them, 3x2hr surf lessons (instructors were great laff), 2 nights accom in the hostel and 2xbreakfasts and 1 dinner (both in places in town and both absolutely yummy). The whole worked out to be about 170euros each. I think its just called the "weekend package" on their website.

Dont know anything about the other schools down there so cant say anything about them, but i really like this place. Lahinch is a great little town anyway.

hope this helps!
    Good luck

www.lahinchsurfschool.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Dr.Louis

I second the Lahinch Surf School...

The guys really know and love their stuff- ask them anything and they'll know! And if you're a real beginner and maybe not that comfortable in the water- they're all qualified lifeguards, so there's really no safer environment to be in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Anyone know what the North West Surf School in Enniscrone is like? Got a few lessons booked up there next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Hey, Im a newbie too. Just back from a week in clare, I went to aloha in fanore, beach is small but they were very helpful. I went to fanore because I wanted a quieter beach to learn. Didnt really want a busy beach because I didnt want to be in the way (with all my seaweed baths :) )Worked out really well and the guys were fantastic.I loved it and cant wait to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭vesp

Anyone know what the North West Surf School in Enniscrone is like? Got a few lessons booked up there next week!

Is that the same as Seventh Wave surf school ? Maybe not.

"Seventh Wave" is in that part of the coast + has a very good reputation. I do not have a phone number handy for them though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

vesp wrote:
    Is that the same as Seventh Wave surf school ? Maybe not.

"Seventh Wave" is in that part of the coast + has a very good reputation. I do not have a phone number handy for them though.

Hey Vesp,

I went up there a couple of weeks ago. The 2 schools are directly beside each other, and they share surf instructors and help each other out. Both very good, and the instructors are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 local surfer

Dr.Louis wrote:
    I second the Lahinch Surf School...

The guys really know and love their stuff- ask them anything and they'll know! And if you're a real beginner and maybe not that comfortable in the water- they're all qualified lifeguards, so there's really no safer environment to be in!

Would agree entirely, Mac who runs it as a top fella, and also likes his cliffs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 longboardirelan

theres two very good schools in tbay. I know some of the instructors. PM me for more info

Advertisement