Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ray O'Brien Motors - Naas

Options
  • 01-08-2007 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Any of you fine folk had any dealings with Ray O'Brien Motors in Naas?

I am considering buying a new motor from them and just wanted to see what their after sales was like & service dept / warranty etc.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Not sure about after sales, but I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Where I used to work, we had our own plate surrounds to go on all vehicles order by us, along with stickers and tax disc holders with the fleet company name on. When Ray O'Briens delivered my company car in to my office (in full view of directors etc.) it was covered in Ray O'Brien's branding! Last order they recieved from us and they were supplying all Opels and Mitsubishi's at the time - anyone that stupid doesn't deserve the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've used them quite a few times. Only had one problem in relation to a part that was fitted that was way outside the scope of repair. In the end they gave credit (after 18 months). Other than that I found them reasonably ok - nothing special. But these days, with most main dealers, that's not a bad thing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

R.O.R wrote:

Where I used to work, we had our own plate surrounds to go on all vehicles order by us, along with stickers and tax disc holders with the fleet company name on. When Ray O'Briens delivered my company car in to my office (in full view of directors etc.) it was covered in Ray O'Brien's branding! Last order they recieved from us and they were supplying all Opels and Mitsubishi's at the time - anyone that stupid doesn't deserve the business.
    I fail to find why them supplying a car with their stickers on them, makes them a bad dealer for after sales?

Could the stickers not be removed? What kind of vehicles are we talking about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I was looking at a commercial pajero (the new 3.2 version). I will check out a couple of other Mitz dealers to see what price I can get it for but to be honest I prefer to support local business' (I live in Kildare).

But if I get a much better deal from someone in another county then that will be the deciding factor but if there isn't much difference in the price then it will be down to dealer reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

R.O.R wrote:

OMG! :eek: the company saw Ray O Brien stickers on your car?
    I hope you didn't get in trouble.

How is that a big deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Where I work we have a fleet of 3 or 4 pajero jeeps, one had a broken wing mirror and we dropped it down to ray o'brien to be repaired over the weekend. Got it back on the monday with a hundred or so extra miles on the clock and an near empty tank of diesel. Best of all though was they hadnt even bothered to fix the wing mirror.

Seem like a pack of cowboys to be honest - dont know whether they were just taking advantage of a big business (not sure if anything was ever done about it - I just drive the jeeps) but I know I wouldnt go near them personally.

Advertisement