Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - installation of a built under Double Oven

Options
  • 01-08-2007 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help..
    I bought an Electrolux built under double oven and the kitchen installer says it is too high for putting under a counter - but I've seen this oven in Powercity built under - as per its name.

I think its something to do with getting rid of the kickboard or something to fit it in -
    manual is here and installation is on page 30 and 31 if someone could shed any light on the matter for me!

http://www.serviceforce.co.uk/pdfs/U30171.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Trying to remember back 5 years but I think our built-under has independent legs, rather than slide-on brackets as your manual describes. Suggest you measure the overall height of the unit, ensure its not taller than the 720mm mentioned, check that the kick board underneath is not taller than standard and then work from there. There is a possibility, if you haven't checked what Power City delivered, that you've been given a built-in rather than a built-under unit by accident. If that's the case, the kitchen guy is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

from the manual
    "The plinth board spanning the space
    into which the appliance is to be
    installed should be removed."

This means the kickboard: the 2 angles need to be fitted as shown,

any probs PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

the gables each side of the oven should be 720 high, the oven will approx be same height aswell(maybe 5mm smaller).take out the kick board so its easier to fit the oven.the kickboard is either screwed to the legs or clipped to the legs of the units.fit the glides to the gables each side of the oven flush with the bottom of the gables,centre them from back wall to front edge of gable.the oven should slide on and rest on these slides.then refit the kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

thanks guys, getting my brother who is a bit of a chippy to look at it - i think one of the problems is that to the left of the oven is a chimney breast with and the left panel of the housing unit to the right of the chimney breast is supporting the counter above - if this was to be removed the brackets would have to be sunk into the chimney breast.. if that makes sense.

might post a pic later cheers!

Advertisement