Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Washer Choices

Options
  • 01-08-2007 3:17pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for something for basic garden work, and washing the car (the spinning brush type).

I've seen Karchers, Rok, and Challenge (argos catalogue).

The challenge one had the best specs and was the cheapest, but I'm wondering would I be better going for the brand name?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I bought a Kratcher and have had no problems for domestic applications. Consider the power rating in KW. The higher the rating the more pressure. I paid a bit extra for a higher rated machine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

The store branded or low-cost models aren't up to much.
    My fathers blew some of the aluminum casting into the plastic enclosure, and it appears to have been a stress fracture.
    I'd shop online... http://cleanmachines.ie/catalog/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

You may be interested in this Auto Express review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I bought a great one in Tesco for €50 a couple of months ago. Great power in it, cleaned my whole patio around the house, definitely no hassle doing a car, cleaned my railway sleepers too and the durt was BET onto them shall we say!

Power Head

• Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I bought a small ROK 1600w washer from Woodies, thirtysomthing euro. It is obviously not commercial quality, but for what I want its fine, so far it has cleaned a small deck prior to revarnishing, cleaned out a badly blocked outside drain (yay, that alone paid for it), and cleaned some tiles, so I'm very happy with it. Must clean the car....

Hose to water supply (garden hose) is not included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

I have the Aldi power washer. They say it was made by Karcher. Personally any of the Challenge stuff from Argos is rubbish (except for the desk fans). Brand names such as Bosch, Karcher, Hilti, DeWalt all are names for a reason, they are good qualtiy and will last..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Used to sell a few different types in my old job. There is only one brand that I would recommend and that is Karcher. even the bottom of the range models are a class above all others imo. We had nothing but problems with most the other small washers that we sold. I would spend the extra few quid if possible..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got a RAC model from Argos a couple of years ago. Was the most powerful one there but had very little cleaning power when I got it home, changed the lance for the one on the KARACHER powerwasher I had previously.

Great power, the case was badly made and one of the wheels broke off. Because of the power it was very heavy and difficult to use.

If you pay the extra for the KARACHER you wont go to far wrong, also they have a great range of accessories in homebase for them.

Advertisement