Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

reg date

Options
  • 01-08-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    first car so new to the rip off that is the NCT, i need the date of first registration. Will this be on the Reg cert?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Hi guys,
    first car so new to the rip off that is the NCT, i need the date of first registration. Will this be on the Reg cert?

of course it will

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hi guys,
    It's on the VLC, just below the car reg. I don't know where you got the idea that the NCT is a rip-off, but I wouldn't go buying a car from them if I were you.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Anan1 wrote:
    It's on the VLC, just below the car reg. I don't know where you got the idea that the NCT is a rip-off, but I wouldn't go buying a car from them if I were you.;)

Not from a garage.
    i just think, for what they examine, that the system itself is a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Not from a garage.

wait till you hear about VRT :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Hi guys,

Just a heads up for you. When you're registering a car with the NCT (if it's an import and not on their database), when they say date of first registration, they don't mean the date it was first registered in this state but the date it was first regsitered in whatever state it is coming from, for example Northern Ireland or Uk or wherever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Not from a garage.

See if you'll get any garage in Ireland (besides my own!) to test your brakes, suspension, engine emissions, headlamps, tyres, vehicle bodywork, exhaust system, suspension bushings & linkages, safety devices, tansmission, steering system, just to name a few, all for as little as 49 Euro!?! How on earth can you call this a rip off!?! There is about 80 grands worth of state of the art equipment used to do carry out the NCT test on your vehicle, this figure excluding the cost of the NCT site and building structure, rates etc, and you get charged 49 Euro for the use of it with a trained mechanic to use it. I'd say it's about the only thing in the country that isn't actually a rip off!

Darragh29 wrote:
    See if you'll get any garage in Ireland (besides my own!) to test your brakes, suspension, engine emissions, headlamps, tyres, vehicle bodywork, exhaust system, suspension bushings & linkages, safety devices, tansmission, steering system, just to name a few, all for as little as 49 Euro!?! How on earth can you call this a rip off!?! There is about 80 grands worth of state of the art equipment used to do carry out the NCT test on your vehicle, this figure excluding the cost of the NCT site and building structure, rates etc, and you get charged 49 Euro for the use of it with a trained mechanic to use it. I'd say it's about the only thing in the country that isn't actually a rip off!

because if there is the smallest thing wrong. you have to go away get it fixed and come back, pay more to get it looked at again.
    at least if a garage finds the problem they fix it

BTW
    the date of first reg is not on the cert.
    only licencing date

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

If there is "the smallest thing wrong", you don't have to pay anything to get it rechecked. My car failed because the wheel nuts were on the wrong way round on one of the wheels - the retest only required a visual inspection, i.e. it was free.
    BTW
    only licencing date
    Surely that means the same thing in this case? Or is the car a used import?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

because if there is the smallest thing wrong. you have to go away get it fixed and come back, pay more to get it looked at again.
    at least if a garage finds the problem they fix it
    You are paying a garage to fix problems, you are paying the NCT to test the car. Honestly, if you feel 'ripped off' by having to pay €49 for an NCT then you're going to find motoring a very painful business.;)
    BTW
    only licencing date
    The date of first registration is on the registration certificate. If you look at the bottom half of the inside left page, you'll see 'code descriptions'. (B) is date of first registration, top left of the same page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Darragh29 wrote:

Yep, was actually pondering if there was a way as cheap as the NCT to test such a large amount on my car..

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    The date of first registration is on the registration certificate. If you look at the bottom half of the inside left page, you'll see 'code descriptions'. (B) is date of first registration, top left of the same page.

You think i can not read a form?
    i asked the question because IT IS NOT THERE!

Advertisement