Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Xseries

• 01-08-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Has anyone any idea when 3 are launching the Xseries here. I'm using an app called "IM+ for Skype" from a company called shape services at the moment but it does not stay online when I close the (flip) phone. I believe Xseries works regardless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Interesting I have been looking for an app like this how do you find it does it cost much to use? i.e does it use much data to use the IM etc. Cheers.

X-Series is ment to be out very soon thats all they will say when you ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭postie

Here's the website:
    http://www.shapeservices.com/en/index.php
    It costs us$11.95 but the only drawback is you must have skypeout credit even to make skype to skype calls although these are still free. If you don't have a flip-phone I'd be interested to hear if it stays online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Cool will try the trial version out later I have a Sony Ericsson K610i on o2 ill let ya know how it goes.....

Just so ya know I am on an unlimited data package with 3 (hence I want to be online all the time!) so I don't know how cost effective it will be on O2...let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

postie wrote:
    Has anyone any idea when 3 are launching the Xseries here. I'm using an app called "IM+ for Skype" from a company called shape services at the moment but it does not stay online when I close the (flip) phone. I believe Xseries works regardless.

Don't have a flip phone to test it, but it might be worth trying Fring. http://www.fring.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

that sounds like a handy app. I have a Palm Treo 750 from work – could I use the 3G connection on that to make Skype calls with this app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

that sounds like a handy app. I have a Palm Treo 750 from work – could I use the 3G connection on that to make Skype calls with this app?

Well, it says it's supported. Not sure how expensive it would be unless you have a data plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

postie wrote:

Why not just use fring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I think the orb and slingbox aspects of XSeries will be very badly hit here due to the ill-thought out mobile broadband take-up.

culabula wrote:
    Why not just use fring?

I think fring is only WM5 and Symbian? My phone needs Java apps.
    Also (getting back to my original question!) the slingbox and skype are applications I use in my work so having them both on an Xseries phone will be very handy. They are very vague when you ask them the launch date!

• Advertisement
Advertisement