Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Work

Options
  • 01-08-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats going on beside the 5 a side astro pitches? I was cycling by today and what used to be a rugby pitch is now covered in stones and its a site. Anyone know whats being built?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gumble

Hugh Brady's new death ray

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ever seen that movie Contact with Jodie Foster. They are building one of those. Where did you think your Student Center levy was really going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Anyone know whats going on beside the 5 a side astro pitches? I was cycling by today and what used to be a rugby pitch is now covered in stones and its a site. Anyone know whats being built?

Well it could be more 5 a side pitches, or a proper 11 a-side astro as the one nearest the student centre is getting the pool/student centre 2 built on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I thought it looked like a car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Pythia wrote:
    I thought it looked like a car park.

I doubt it as the County Council have barred UCD from building any more surface level car parks. They have to go multi-storey. I think it might be an astro pitch cause before you put on the tar + then the astro itself, it's a solid surface like concrete underneath.

Random: if you put all our car parks together the land would be the size of all of Trinity College.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dajaffa wrote:

Random: if you put all our car parks together the land would be the size of all of Trinity College.

Even Randomer: if you put all our UCD brains together you think someone would have pushed for a Multistory (like DIT) or and Underground (Like GCD) years ago.
    Dajaffa: u owe me coffee! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

There's quite a demand for astro pitches, so they're putting some more in.

Advertisement