Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo taken from a photo?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey there, I'm 19 and am thinking of getting a tattoo. It could be my first one and am nervous about needles and things.

My dog died last year (28 Aug) and I was very close to him (I love dogs), I spent my childhood with him. I have a few photographs of him and would love to have a tattoo of him on my body somewhere, maybe near the heart or somewhere meaningful.

Im wondering if it's possible for a tattoo artist to look at the photo and accurately transfer it onto me. It would probably depend on the skill on the tattooist.

Anyone else have tattoo's taken from a photograph? If so, please tell your stories. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

There's only one artisit I would use for photo stuff in ireland and thats

http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/studiodetails.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

There's only one artisit I would use for photo stuff in ireland and thats

http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/studiodetails.htm
    Jesus Christ, some of them are absolutely incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ansionnachclist

Wow, looks like a quality, reputable parlour. Should be worth a visit me thinks.
    Thanks for the link man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Holy flippin hell, I know where my next one will be done.
    Thanks for sharing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

im defo getting my half sleeve done there!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Yeah that place took me by surprise too. I used to think no one in ireland could do good black and grey portraits then i seen that place and had to spend some time picking my jaw from the floor. One thing to note is they're reputed to not be the friendliest place but i think i heard that from people getting flash done there more then custom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Have to disagree with Emmet, I've had two done in there, both flash and you couldn't meet a nicer guy than Joe. He is really bloody friendly and chatty. The partner Michelle is also really friendly and helpful and to be honest both really put me at ease for my first Tattoo. As for the second one, Joe recognised me even though it was a few years later. As I was sitting down, he said "Haven't you got one done here before" etc etc, had a great chat.
    So unless things have changed recently I would say it is a great place to get your first Tattoo, and obviously as people have said he is bloody brilliant with shading and the like.

Advertisement