Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Shop without login

Options
  • 01-08-2007 4:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

im looking for an opensource shopping cart. Im aware of the common ones, oscommerce etc but i need something that doesnt use a login system for the front end user when they go to purchase an item. I want them to click on an item,add to cart and then pay for it through paypal. As there details are already in paypal there is no need for the login at the front end and it only causes confusion.
    As oppose to just doing static pages with paypal integrated code i need a shopping cart to add and remove products and stock.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a mod/customisation available for osCommerce that removes the login/registration functionality of it. The visitor just sticks in their details and purchases the item(s).

I would say that someone has either already developed this for osCommerce, or that it would be easy enough to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well you havent checked out oscommerce that much - there is an addon that allows customers to purchase without having to register

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭alanjgrace

Ph3n0m wrote:
    well you havent checked out oscommerce that much - there is an addon that allows customers to purchase without having to register

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

I didnt think it removed the login feature completely though, just let you not use it. I want it to be non existant to avoid confusion, does this mod allow that?

Also i was looking at using a template with oscommerce which changes some of the original code so im not sure how all that would fit in.

Anyone know of any other carts that dont use the login feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Depending on how big the store is, you could just build your own. Paypal can handle the shopping cart, payment and the shipping details. All you would need to do is create a list of products and have an 'Add to Cart' button which would just add the item to their Paypal cart.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭alanjgrace

Serbian wrote:
    Depending on how big the store is, you could just build your own. Paypal can handle the shopping cart, payment and the shipping details. All you would need to do is create a list of products and have an 'Add to Cart' button which would just add the item to their Paypal cart.

Ya i know this is possible but as i said in the OP i need to a shopping cart to add and remove products and stock instead of constantly having to go in and change code etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

alanjgrace wrote:
    I didnt think it removed the login feature completely though, just let you not use it. I want it to be non existant to avoid confusion, does this mod allow that?
    I installed this mod on a site and then hacked it further to remove the account bit altogether - i.e. users can't log in.

They still have to enter their details to check out products, but if you want to remove that too, it should be possible to hack the mod further.

Advertisement