Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live

• 01-08-2007 4:56pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a stupid question about playing Pro Ev on XBOX live I am new to it.

Played 5-6 games last night but every single person put me down on the rating thingy as "avoid"(100%) for leaving too early(100%). :mad:. On each occasion I played the full game, usualy had the decency to not score any goals and conceed at least 5, gave feed back and went back to the game menu to play someone else.

Did I somehow break some unwritten XBOX Live etiquette? :confused: Or did I just happen to play a load of jerks? Do I have some wierd cyber smell?

I was brought up to be a very polite boy by my mammy.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

There's just some pricks on Xbox Live, add my GT to your friends list and I'll get afew games of pro evo with you later. I might give you good rep......if you let me win ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Kenny 5 wrote:
    There's just some pricks on Xbox Live, add my GT to your friends list and I'll get afew games . I might give you good rep......if you let me win ;)

Will do and I promise I'll "let" you win :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

People on Live playing PES generally are all knobends. The amount of times I've gotten messages after the game "You got lucky" when I win or "You're ****" if I lose. I just instantly block communications and occasionally report people if they're abusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

marco_polo wrote:
    Just a stupid question about playing Pro Ev on XBOX live I am new to it.

Played 5-6 games last night but every single person put me down on the rating thingy as "avoid"(100%) for leaving too early(100%). :mad:. On each occasion I played the full game, usualy had the decency to not score any goals and conceed at least 5, gave feed back and went back to the game menu to play someone else.

Did I somehow break some unwritten XBOX Live etiquette? :confused: Or did I just happen to play a load of jerks? Do I have some wierd cyber smell?

I was brought up to be a very polite boy by my mammy.;)

It was probably just one person who gave it to you, that side of it doesn't seem to work very well as mine also says 100% avoid me for leaving early.
    Think its 100% of people who avoided you avoid you for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kenny 5 wrote:
    There's just some pricks on Xbox Live, add my GT to your friends list and I'll get afew games of pro evo with you later. I might give you good rep......if you let me win ;)
    Aye, i got a few "trash talk" negative feedback comments on PGR3, despite my headset not even being plugged in... sad bastards:mad:
    I should really grow a bit of a thicker skin:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭therealzuppy

I just got the 360 this week and have been loving the online ranking matches. How do you see comments made about you? Also, how do you choose who you want to play against?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭therealzuppy

Plus, can you play pro evo with 4 players in a private game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

aye, just some wierdos on live

though i give bad feedback to players who are dirty, and also lads who only pick inter/brazil and just give it to adriano, dont want to play lads like that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

event wrote:

though i give bad feedback to players who are dirty, and also lads who only pick inter/brazil and just give it to adriano, dont want to play lads like that

Every second fellow on there plays with Inter or Brazil its really annoying. I had better luck last night scored a few goals and dished out beatings to a few of them.

Tactics were basically pick Barcelona and use a nice slow temp building from the back usually maintaining about 65% possetion. It seems to confuse them when you press buttons other than LB + Y and don't hold down the sprint button for the entire 90 minutes. It drives the most impatient ones nuts. :D

Still met the odd zen master who gave me a 5/6-0 spanking though :o

It really gets to me the amount of people who only pick; Inter, Barca, Brazil, Chelsea. Then just give it to the star player and score ridiculously cheap goals.

However nothing feels better than beating them with Ajax or Lyon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

i can beat most players with arsenal now

if someone picks a smaller team, so will i

but if they get one of the big hitters, they will too

nothing more annoying as well, if they pick inter, i pick inter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

event wrote:

I hear ye mate, thats my mantra....when it shows the lats 5 teams picked by that player and it reads - inter, inter, inter, inter, inter hes gettin bad feedback.

I also find that there are hardly any talkers playing pes on live, whats with that?

How do you chose how to play someone by the way if you know their gamer tag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

marco_polo wrote:
    How do you chose how to play someone by the way if you know their gamer tag?

Not sure exactly as I haven't played Pro Ev online, but usually you just sent them an invite.

You have to create a player match. While the game is constructing the match, go to your friends list and send them an invite. It's the only way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I got told I was the worst gamer someone had ever seen in GOW one time along with someone else.

Funny thing was in the previous round, all my team mates died straight away and I took out the other team on my own.

One of my teammates tried to kill me off the start of a round so I assume it was him. They thought I didn't have a headset as they asked who had a headset and I didn't bother replying so I assume it was just someone with no life.

Why bother replying to these idiots, just let them waste their lifes playing on 360 Live insulting people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

brim4brim wrote:
    Why bother replying to these idiots, just let them waste their lifes playing on 360 Live insulting people.
    I completely agree.

And we'll just waste our lives playing on 360 Live and not insulting people. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

that cionad chap keeps leaving bad rep for everyone, hes not even that good !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Use to really like playing it on live - prob cause it was just something new. But then started to meet the usual knobheads you meet (i played Brazil 10 times in my first 15 games!!) though the games i played against people who played against normal teams were good fun. Becuse of this i've stopped playing on live and now only play people on my friends list!

As for bad rep. Microsoft did a real poor job of implementing it. I do leave good rep for most people i play unless they deserved it though I have some bad rep (100% unsporting conduct - concidentally after beating them by fair few goals!) for no real reason.

Another thing that peeved me off was people and replays. Most are fine but some just watch them for about 5 mins (all for ok goals i.e. a header from a corner!)

Feels good to get this rant off my chest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Placebo wrote:
    that cionad chap keeps leaving bad rep for everyone, hes not even that good !:rolleyes:

LOL, i outta give u bad rep for leaving that trash talk mofo, ur not even on xbox live!!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement