Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tape and joining plasterboards?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 5:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

is it necessary to tape and join plasterboards before I get a plasterer to skimcoat it? Or will he do it for me? Would it have to wait for the joining compound to try before it was skimmed? And what about external and internal corners?

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

No need to do anything. The plasterer will tape the joins and plaster over in the one day. Similarly with the corners he will use mini mesh for the external corners and tape or the internals. If you want to do these in advance of the plaster arriving you can it may save the plaster a bit of time, but its not necessary. There is no need for joining compound if the wall is being skimmed and the joins have been taped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

hi,
    I use joint filler on all the plaster board joints before i skim. Its better to do this just before skimming.
    It takes longer and costs more,but it strengthens the joints, especially the ceiling if there's traffic above.
    Stops cracking....most of the time!

Advertisement