Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does a bmw 335i not have leather as std?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭

`just gawping at a nice 335 coupe outside the office and spotted cloth seats! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Don't worry.. their reward will come when they come to trade in/sell on ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I believe cassette deck and manual windows are standard too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Some people prefer cloth to leather. On cars where leather is standard, deleting it in favour of cloth never gets a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Anan1 wrote:
    Some people prefer cloth to leather.

Freaks!

Stephen wrote:
    Freaks!
    :D I dunno. I've become quite fond of the leather in my car, which is soft enough to make me suspect it's been made from babies arses. That said, i'd take good fabric over the Diffneys leather jackets they use in the 3 series any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anan1 wrote:
    Some people prefer cloth to leather. On cars where leather is standard, deleting it in favour of cloth never gets a refund.

no itch for me strictly leather ;)

I'm sure some people do prefer cloth to leather but when 99.9% of other BMW coupes have leather and you are trying to sell one with cloth that's when you run into difficulties.. It also ruins the look of the car IMO.

MarkN wrote:
    I'm sure some people do prefer cloth to leather but when 99.9% of other BMW coupes have leather and you are trying to sell one with cloth that's when you run into difficulties.. It also ruins the look of the car IMO.
    Selling one without leather will be tougher in this country at least. That said, not everyone wants it. My mother recently bought a new E90 with €13,000 worth of optional equipment - no leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have found older people think that leather is "cold" and most o them prefer cloth, did you get a look at the owner and his/her vintage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats a 335 coupe retail at this weather? 55-60k?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Whats a 335 coupe retail at this weather? 55-60k?

Much worse! €66k for an SE without leather and €70k for an M Sport with leather

The range starts with the €50k 320 4-pot. This one is way more overpriced than the 335 imho!

Much worse! €66k for an SE without leather

Well no wonder you don't get leather! :p

Seriously though could there be another market on the entire planet where SE comes with cloth as standard?.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Seriously though could there be another market on the entire planet where SE comes with cloth as standard?

Yes. Most other markets on the planet ;)

BMWs sold over here are the same spec as BMWs sold in the UK since BMW took over distribution a few years ago. And we all know that UK cars have a high spec compared to any other EU country

Of course the VRT makes cars expensive here. A 335 coupe is only €44k in Germany

Fair enough (well not really, SE means special equipment no?. Then leather should be in).

Mike.

unkel wrote:
    The range starts with the €50k 320 4-pot. This one is way more overpriced than the 335 imho!
    :eek: Holy fook! There are soooo many better cars one could get for that kind of money.

JHMEG wrote:
    :eek: Holy fook! There are soooo many better cars one could get for that kind of money.

Indeed. You could nearly buy 2 Toyotas for the price of 1 BMW :D

unkel wrote:
    Indeed. You could nearly buy 2 Toyotas for the price of 1 BMW :D
    I think Unkel even you'd admit that the 320 is bottom-of-the-barrel stuff... does it even come with a CD-player as standard?;)

[The Lexus IS 220d starts at €43,790]

Were I to be buying a 335i, i'd be far more worried about the fact that it only has halogen headlights than about the lack of leather. Adaptive bi-xenons are cheaper than leather, and rather more central to the driving experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anan1 wrote:
    Were I to be buying a 335i, i'd be far more worried about the fact that it only has halogen headlights than about the lack of leather. Adaptive bi-xenons are cheaper than leather, and rather more central to the driving experience.

But for your average Joe Public leather seats would be further at the top of the "must have" list than bi-xenons.

bazz26 wrote:
    But for your average Joe Public leather seats would be further at the top of the "must have" list than bi-xenons.
    If this is true (and it is) then Joe Public is an idiot. 300bhp, Irish weather and sh1tty headlights is not a great combination, regardless of what the seats are covered in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

Anan1 wrote:
    Some people prefer cloth to leather.

Could never understand the big fuss about leather. Its too cold when the weather is cold and too hot when the weather is hot. Also when wearing shorts you have to peel yourself off of it.

Apart from that the only thing that would urge me towards it, as others have said, would be possible difficulties in reselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

JHMEG wrote:
    I think Unkel even you'd admit that the 320 is bottom-of-the-barrel stuff... does it even come with a CD-player as standard?;)

[The Lexus IS 220d starts at €43,790]

The 320 is bottom of the barrel stuff! You have pretty high expectations for cars then. The bog basic version may be fairly bland in comparison to other higher spec 320's or bigger engined bmw's but its still a very good motor imo.

Bi xenon headlights are standard right across the BMW coupe range now.
    omega man wrote:
    The 320 is bottom of the barrel stuff!

320i is the first engine available in the new coupe and I'd have no desire to own one but I cannot see how a Toyota could be more appealing. They have got to be the most boring brand of car available (albeit indestructible).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

So no 318ci's in the E90 range? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

MarkN wrote:
    Bi xenon headlights are standard right across the BMW coupe range now.

I'd hope so at those prices.
    MarkN wrote:
    320i is the first engine available and I'd have no desire to own one but I cannot see how a Toyota could be more appealing. They have got to be the most boring brand of car available (albeit indestructible).

Since we are refering Lexus to a Toyota don't forget to refer Audi to a VW in the same context. ;)

omega man wrote:
    You have pretty high expectations for cars then.
    I'd have pretty high expectations for my 50k! For that kind of money I expect a 7" touchscreen, satnav, Bluetooth, 14-speaker Mark Levinson audio, 6 in-dash DVD player (audio/video) with 5.1 digital surround, Parking Assist Monitor, Voice Command (Navigation-Audio-Climate Control-Phone) etc. As well as all the usuals like dual zone climate control, electric everything...

In addition it's understated, not very common, and the dealer service is probably the best available (it is according to all the surveys), not that you'd need to see the dealer very often.

JHMEG wrote:
    I expect a 7" touchscreen, satnav, Bluetooth, 14-speaker Mark Levinson audio, 6 in-dash DVD player (audio/video) with 5.1 digital surround, Parking Assist Monitor, Voice Command (Navigation-Audio-Climate Control-Phone) etc. As well as all the usuals like dual zone climate control, electric everything...

Some other people just expect an ultimate driving machine ;)

JHMEG wrote:
    I'd have pretty high expectations for my 50k! For that kind of money I expect a 7" touchscreen, satnav, Bluetooth, 14-speaker Mark Levinson audio, 6 in-dash DVD player (audio/video) with 5.1 digital surround, Parking Assist Monitor, Voice Command (Navigation-Audio-Climate Control-Phone) etc. As well as all the usuals like dual zone climate control, electric everything...

Well then you obviously don't want a new car. You can't have everything JHMEG!

unkel wrote:
    Some other people just expect an ultimate driving machine ;)
    LOL! Very smart. You're right tho: an NSX Type-R could be had for a lot less!:D

• Advertisement

MarkN wrote:
    Well then you obviously don't want a new car. You can't have everything Omega!
    Huh? No, I don't want a new car, I'm quite happy with the car I have for now?

Advertisement