Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB

Options
  • 01-08-2007 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey all,
    Over the last few months my eircom broadband has been disconecting alot, I have been playin the ps3 and all of a sudden an error will come up(800,,,,,)and u have been signed out of the system its not just the ps3 though because when it disconnects I am also signed out of msn.:( Anyone know what the problem might be?Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Could you do the following:

Go to the DSL modem/router home page and post the DSL statistics of the modem (usually it's somewhere like "expert mode" or suchlike)

Give us the times of when it happens, if any in particular.

Tell us what broadband package (speed) you are meant to be on.

Oh and go to www.speedtest.net and post the results of the test in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tuffinho_LFC

Could you do the following:

Go to the DSL modem/router home page and post the DSL statistics of the modem (usually it's somewhere like "expert mode" or suchlike)

Give us the times of when it happens, if any in particular.

Tell us what broadband package (speed) you are meant to be on.

Oh and go to www.speedtest.net and post the results of the test in this thread.

Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The DSL stats are sort-of okay, the upstream Signal Margin is suprisingly low. It would work, but it wouldn't take much to cause a disconnect. Flicking a light switch or the thermostat of central heating could cause disconnects for example.

I'm honestly not sure as to what's causing the noise in the upstream part of the DSL line but not the downstream part.

Take the usual precautions such as avoiding the use of long extension leads wherever possible and tidying up phone sockets and tighten up loose wiring etc. Make sure all phones have a filter on them, and Sky boxes seem to have a habit of interfering with broadband signals, so you could disconnect it if possible.

If the problem continues come back here and let us know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tuffinho_LFC

The DSL stats are sort-of okay, the upstream Signal Margin is suprisingly low. It would work, but it wouldn't take much to cause a disconnect. Flicking a light switch or the thermostat of central heating could cause disconnects for example.

I'm honestly not sure as to what's causing the noise in the upstream part of the DSL line but not the downstream part.

Take the usual precautions such as avoiding the use of long extension leads wherever possible and tidying up phone sockets and tighten up loose wiring etc. Make sure all phones have a filter on them, and Sky boxes seem to have a habit of interfering with broadband signals, so you could disconnect it if possible.

If the problem continues come back here and let us know :)

Thanks a million for the help to be honest I think it could b the sky box.

I was thinking it could have been a faulty router though.

Yeah upstream annoys me because cant host in some games hehe.

Advertisement