Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling All Irish Pes xbox360 Players *Offical league*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I got all I needed to get for Xbox LIVE today, connected into it... but for some reason I can't update my Xbox. Can somebody tell me what's going wrong and how do I deal with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Why not Nailz? you getting some random error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyway i'm not too bothered anymore about the outcome as it's only a game and if people want to win with one dimensional tactics thats fine i guess.

Surely if it is one dimensional then it should be easy to stop? Once you don't play on red arrows, everything is stoppable.

Well sort of Mountain Lips, you know when your connecting up to Xbox live first you have to update your console? Well I tryed to do that but then it just says you cannot update and it says to go on to xbox.com/support which is no help at all.

I get that kinda thing happening a lot like when i'm trying to add points and stuff. It's usually just a case of being persistent. Did you go to xbox.com and look through the forums there?

• Advertisement

No but I'll have a go.

Goddammit, that site is so slow today. Are you getting that too Nailz?

PHB wrote:
    Once you don't play on red arrows, everything is stoppable.

Eh? you seem to be good at saying random things and not explaining what you mean. Like in the pro eve 6-xbox 360 dissapointing? thread

Yep, extreamly slow. But the forums isn't giving me much help. And it has 116 pages in the LIVE one, how am I going to look through that before the 15th?

Nailz wrote:
    how am I going to look through that before the 15th?

LoL! I'd just keep trying to update until it becomes head wrecking! chances are it'll work sooner or later.... hopefully. I'll see what i can find

• Advertisement

Alright cheers buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

You're probably right yeah, but your case is helped by the fact that there are three options to vote for when there should only be two, thus causing a split vote situation. It should be a simple yes/no vote to get the fairest results i reckon.... Anyway i'm not too bothered anymore about the outcome as it's only a game and if people want to win with one dimensional tactics thats fine i guess.

Ah man relax, I thought we were all friends here, and if inter are so one dimensional as PHB has already pointed out then it should be easy to defend against. How about this, how's about i through you a bone, Latch, since you are so much opposed to anyone playin inter i will not play with inter when i am due to play yourself, So when its all said and done and i have kicked your ass from pillar to post, Then we'll see whos one dimensional, ;) O h yes this is how it starts next we will want no barcalona cause they got roinalido, then it will be no man utd as rooney is too good, where will it all end, The game is designed this way. If that was the case then why werent the wexford boys aloud to say to the gaa well that henry shefflon is too good take him out and then we'll play, It the same thing and everyone knows it. "so deal with it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mcquaid2007

Hi any chance i can join? my xbox tag is mcquaid2007....what way are fixtures worked? (i.e when do we play ect ect) thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mcquaid2007

sorry that should be :: pes rankings username ; theirishgoodfella - xbox gametag ; mcquaid2007 thanks lads any info wud be excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lpoolfan

sorry that should be :: pes rankings username ; theirishgoodfella - xbox gametag ; mcquaid2007 thanks lads any info wud be excellent

Add you m8.

Check out the events forum in pesireland for more details on how the event is run.

The Bull wrote:
    If that was the case then why werent the wexford boys aloud to say to the gaa well that henry shefflon is too good take him out and then we'll play, It the same thing and everyone knows it. "so deal with it"

That analogy is lost on me as i think gaelic football/hurling is crap.

Adriano is the only player in my mind that is way too good on PES 6, especially considering he's fairly ****e in real life. It's nearly impossible to miss with him and it's bloody ridiculous. Konami should have known better but as they have him on the cover i suppose they had to make him seem better than he actually is.

Lpoolfan - the vote is flawed as i said previously, there should be yes/no options only. Having 3 (2 of which are essentially the same thing) splits the vote and makes the yes votes more likely to succeed. Maybe that was your plan anyway? i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

That analogy is lost on me as i think gaelic football/hurling is crap.

Adriano is the only player in my mind that is way too good on PES 6, especially considering he's fairly ****e in real life. It's nearly impossible to miss with him and it's bloody ridiculous. Konami should have known better but as they have him on the cover i suppose they had to make him seem better than he actually is.

Lpoolfan - the vote is flawed as i said previously, there should be yes/no options only. Having 3 (2 of which are essentially the same thing) splits the vote and makes the yes votes more likely to succeed. Maybe that was your plan anyway? i dunno.

so much rage, An excellent candidate for the dark side of the pes force, you really should lighten up mate it just a game, "or is it a leauge of mutant irish pes monkeys trying to better themself in our little boards league, Fightin talk ya say, i love it, makes fergie and jose sound normal. up Inter :D AHAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You miss read my tone man! i'm not angry, just trying to state my case :)

Now I finaly got Xbox LIVE I'm in!

PES Ranking name: MNUtd
    Gamertag: MNUtd

I bet most of ye know who my 1st opponent was... Inter Milan! I drew 1-1, guess who was their scorer was??? Adriano! Typical.

Nailz wrote:
    I bet most of ye know who my 1st opponent was... Inter Milan! I drew 1-1, guess who was their scorer was??? Adriano! Typical.

lol, i'll give you a game sometime man, user name in sig!

• Advertisement

Alright buddy look forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Count me in...

PES Rankings ID = DufflecoatXbox

XBOX Live Gamertag = DufflecoatXbox

Nailz wrote:
    Now I finaly got Xbox LIVE I'm in!

PES Ranking name: MNUtd
    Gamertag: MNUtd

[\QUOTE]

have added you mate

Count me in...

PES Rankings ID = DufflecoatXbox

XBOX Live Gamertag = DufflecoatXbox

have you added also mate :D

OK lads ive created a thread on www.pesireland.createmybb.com for the event, all discussions and arranging of games can be done in that thread.

Also why not got to the introduce yourself section and tell us about yourself.:)

sign up and go to the pesrankings section and click member events section :)

Also at the moment in the process of arranging some events against other countries, so we want the best of ireland on the site so we can pick them to represent us in these events

Thanks buddy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

OK think I'll have to pull out of this. I'll be in France from Monday to Friday next week so wont be available to play ay games (yes I dont know how to look at a calendar :0 )

sorry guys

miju wrote:
    OK think I'll have to pull out of this. I'll be in France from Monday to Friday next week so wont be available to play ay games (yes I dont know how to look at a calendar :0 )

sorry guys

no need to pull out mate you have a month to play ur games so no rush, let me know if you wanna stay in;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

sweeeett well in that case im still defo in . i thought all the games we're to be played on the 15th. i'll be back in Ireland on the 17th so can play from then on.

• Advertisement

So how does all this work anyway? How do we go in to play each other?

Sorry, I can be very nieve...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement