Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are NTL Port Blocking?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi all,

Recently I bought Armed assault for the P.C, and have been trying to get it running in multiplayer. At first I thought it was the linksys router as it has been noted that the router in question has issues. However I then got a canyon router with which I have had no problems natting and port forwarding in the past. However this did not work, no matter what I tried, even taking down nat and the firewall had no effect. I then googled to see if there were any known issues with ntl and port blocking, but nothing relevant was returned. Our cable modem is a motorola surfboard, but googling showed no issues with this, and if the modem has an interface, i was unable to bring it up.

Then today I saw this: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055121867
    which shows nintendo wii user's having a particular problem with ntl and mario striker online.

Would anyone here know anything about this, and if not whats the best way of getting some definitive info from ntl rather then the usual customer service route?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Anyone, Anyone??

Bueller, Bueller??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If a company are port blocking they will not openly admit it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'm not aware of NTL blocking ports (they do appear to be traffic shaping though). There are sites that can check if your ports are open/closed.

I would suggest connecting the PC to the cable modem direct and this would eliminate the Wireless router for sure. The cable modem does not block ports itself.

Advertisement